You may know one – or have known one. The Killjoy, the Jezebel or the Naracissit who consistantly ruins every holiday. It may be a birthday, a Thanksgiving, or even Christmas. Every year they make a scene – to be seen. It’s almost like they are on steroids. All those criticizing, belittling, and blaming behaviors come out in stereo. Loud and proud as they cut down everyone and everything in their way. But why? Why do they insist on the drama every Holiday? And more importantly, what can you do to keep your peace?
Why Jezebels and Narcissists Spoil Every Holiday and How to Keep Your Peace
- Jezebels and Narcissits have a self control problem. They have none. So they create drama all around them so they feel important. It’s all about them. They want to be the star of the show. So if they cut you down, they think they shine.
- It’s a pretty dull sparkle if you ask me. Don’t react. Let them be stupid all by themselves.
- Holidays bring crowds and they love to be the star of the show. Once again, you don’t matter to them. They have no real heart. It is cold and closed. More people mean a bigger audience for them to play their leading role.
- They are a legend in their own minds. Too bad it’s the size of a pea, lol! They think they are God and everyone should bow down and worship them. Don’t do it. Don’t put them on a pedestel, or cater to their whims. There is no throne for that type of behavior. It’s abusive.
- Jezebels and Narcissists are insecure – only they don’t want anyone to know about it. They often overreact to the dumbest things. They will blow a gasket at the drop of a hat, over anything. They are maniupulaters and blamers. In their mind anything that goes wrong is never their fault. They think they walk on water.
- They will blame whoever is in their way. This way they feed their own ego. You can almost see their head blow up with their own hot air. When the blaming starts, take a deep breath and don’t belive them. Whatever comes out of their mouth is not true. They lie to cover things up all the time. Half of the time they do not even remember all the lies they tell.
- Jezebesl and Narcissists love to stir up drama. Have you ever noticed how they will poke and prod and gossip just to get someone upset? It makes them feel in control. They love to get other people angry. I really think anger is fuel to them. They thrive on it.
- Don’t play. Don’t react. Let their words fall to the ground. Just because they said something doesn’t mean it is true. Sometimes this makes them even angrier, be prepared. It’s healthy to walk away, take a break, leave the room. You don’t have to watch them crash and burn.
Keep you peace this Holiday. If they want to be a jerk, let them. We have no contorl over other people’s bad behavior. It is not our fault they are jerks, that is their choice. What we can control is our reaction to it.
“Don’t feed the Jezebel or the Narcissist – they will only get uglier.”
Remember to put on your full armor and stand strong. Let it go, God will deal with them just like He did with Jezebel. Keep your peace. Don’t play. Pray, ask God to intercede. He will, and watch the Jezebels fall!
6 thoughts on “Why Jezebels and Narcissits Spoil Every Holiday and How to Keep Your Peace”
This puts into words what I could not. My ‘daughter-in-law’ came into out family 6 years ago and has torn our family to pieces, taking my son into her sick world. I pray for him and the children, but I also pray that God will speak to her heart to bring peace for everyone. May God Bless our family with love and peace, Amen
Amen Christine, prayers can move mountains. Praying for you and your family, Diana
Sounds like my soon to be ex husband. Problem is everyone thinks he is wonderful and that I left because I was cheating (I was not. Never did) including folks from my former church. Haven’t said anything against him to his family or friends and am waiting on God to do the big reveal. You know that whole God will vindicate thing. But wish he would hurry up
I can relate. God will vindicate you and restore you my friend. They always put on a show for everyone else – especially at church. God sees. He knows. I found a new church. Best thing I ever did, well after divorcing him!
Stand strong mighty woman of God. Be blessed. God is with you.
Thank you my friend. He is with you too in a might way!