Everybody loves a new baby. Just the act of bringing forth a new life into the world is a miracle. New babies are so adorable. Life is so precious. Totally helpless, the new baby depends on their parernt(s) or adopted parent(s) to feed them, to hold them, to love them. Babies aren’t picky. Anyone will do. All babies need someone to help.
The same is true for the Church. New babies in Christ are born all the time. They need spiritual mommies and daddies to care for them, to feed them, to hold them, and to love them. Let us be the hands and feet of Jesus and not only look forward or to our own needs, but let us look beside us to feed the new babies Lord.
Babies remind us that we can all begin again. We can always make a new choice and start over. God is patitent with us. He is not willing than anyone should perish. God is FOR us, not against us. Let us start today – with our new life and a new beginning with Jesus. Your story is not over yet – it is just beginning!
Quotes About New Birth and New Beginnings
- “God’s Word is the living seed that brings new birth. It is the milk that nurtures the new life of a young Christian and the meat that builds the muscle of a mature believer.” ― Colin S. Smith
- “As a newborn baby breathes and cries, so the signs of life in a newborn Christian are faith and repentance, inhaling the love of God and exhaling an initial cry of distress. And at that point what God provides, exactly as for a newborn infant, is the comfort, protection, and nurturing promise of a mother.
“If God is our father, the church is our mother.” The words are those of the Swiss Reformer John Calvin … it is as impossible, unnecessary, and undesirable to be a Christian all by yourself as it is to be a newborn baby all by yourself.” ― N.T. Wright
- “A son or daughter in any human family is either born to or adopted by the parents. By definition, a child can’t be both. But with God we’re both born of Him and adopted by Him.” ― Jerry Bridges
- “Faith is the evidence of new birth, not the cause of it.” – John Piper
- “The gospel is absurd and the life of Jesus is meaningless unless we believe that He lived, died, and rose again with but one purpose in mind: to make brand-new creation. Not to make people with better morals but to create a community of prophets and professional lovers, men and women who would surrender to the mystery of the fire of the Spirit that burns within, who would live in ever greater fidelity to the omnipresent Word of God, who would enter into the center of it all, the very heart and mystery of Christ, into the center of the flame that consumes, purifies, and sets everything aglow with peace, joy, boldness, and extravagant, furious love. This, my friend, is what it really means to be a Christian.” ― Brennan Manning
- “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” – 2 Corinthians 5:17
- “Eternal life is not a peculiar feeling inside! It is not your ultimate destination, to which you will go when you are dead. If you are born again, eternal life is that quality of life that you possess right now.” – Major Ian Thomas
- “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” 1 Peter 1:3
- “The gospel declares that no matter how dutiful or prayerful we are, we can’t save ourselves. What Jesus did was sufficient.” ― Brennan Manning, The Ragamuffin Gospel: Good News for the Bedraggled, Beat-Up, and Burnt Out
- “A transformed life is the greatest of all miracles. Every time a person is “born again” by repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ, the miracle of regeneration is performed.” ― Billy Graham