This is so sad. Imagine yourself as a teenage girl, trying to fit in. Then your best friend steals your boyfriend. And people you thought were your friends turn on you. Everyone starts trashing you online. You start checking your FB page every few seconds to see what people are saying about you. And then someone says you should “drink bleach and die”. And person after person hits the “LIKE” Button…30 people “like” this idea. How would you feel?
This teenager killed herself over it.
Bullied online for over a year.
Her name was Rebecca Sedwick
she was 12 Years old
Here is a video on what to do now:
Let us all make the effort to get involved in our children’s “online lives”.
Do you read your children’s Facebook page?
It’s not a choice anymore – “friend” me or no internet in my house.
Parents – let us stand up and be parents.
No more suicides. No more not knowing.
It’s not all roses anymore.
~just another mom, Diana~
- Rebecca Sedwick suicide: Are laws sufficient for extreme cyberbullying cases? (csmonitor.com)
- Parents of Accused Rebecca Sedwick Cyberbully Blame Facebook Hack – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- 2 Charged in Fla. After Bullied Girl’s Suicide – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Two Florida girls charged in bullying case that resulted in teen’s suicide (bangordailynews.com)
- Girls bragged after suicide (smh.com.au)
- 2 girls arrested on bullying charges after suicide (usatoday.com)
- Sheriff: Taunting post leads to arrests in Rebecca Sedwick bullying death (fox13now.com)
- Arrests Made in Rebecca Sedwick Suicide Case (blogs.browardpalmbeach.com)
- Cyberbullying charges possible after suicide of 12-year-old Florida girl (globalnews.ca)
- Two Girls Charged With Stalking Rebecca Sedwick; Possible Charges For Bullies’ Parents (huffingtonpost.com)