Here is my response for the DAILY POST – For Posterity
Your blog just became a viral sensation. What’s the one post you’d like new readers to see and remember you by? Write that post.
You are more precious than you know. If you are like me than sometimes we let others define us. I look back at old pictures and it amazes me how I changed my appearance based on who I was dating at the time. Hey, there is Diana the prep, Diana the biker, Diana the country chic, Diana the Professional, etc. Can you relate?
I have also accepted so many different labels in my life. Things that just are not true. I went through the 12 step rigamaroe – my name is____ and I’m a ____ and I will be forever. What a pile of garbage. I can’t believe I bought all that stuff at face value. No, I am not a ______ – not now, not then, not ever! God does not say that about me – so it is NOT TRUE! As you can see, I am not a fan of the 12 steps. I have found them to be pits of very unsafe people. You can read about it here:
YOU ARE MORE PRECIOUS THAN YOU KNOW.
All those labels people tried to get you to wear – let them fall to the ground.
All those things people said about you – they weren’t true – let them fall to the ground.
All those words you said to yourself after believing those lies – let them fall to the ground.
Ok, now for my spunky part. Idk why I do this. I guess I am just not afraid to say what I feel needs to be said. And I have been on both sides of the street, so perhaps I am not ‘indoctrinated’ too badly.
Give grace, love without regret, and live – be happy – it drives them crazy!!
And a bit of advice for all the Finger Pointers, Ac
cusers, Pharisees, and Liars out there:
- Demeaning others and calling them names does not motivate people to change.
- Telling someone they will ‘always be that way’ – does not motivate people to change.
- Shaming someone and calling them their ‘sin’ does not motivate people to change.
- Talking about how holy and righteous you are and how others just need to ‘shape up or ship out” does not motivate people to change.
- Gossiping about others does not motivate people to change.
- Throwing the ‘get right with God or else you’re going to hell’ does not motivate people to change.
- God m
akes me new everyday – I refuse to accept your picture of who you think I am.
- Your warped picture of me is not who I am. Those words you called me are bouncing right back to you.
- I am a work in progress, and so are my brothers and sisters. I am more than what I do or don’t do. So is the rest of the family. We all have ‘stuff”. And guess what, God already knows about it! And He loves us anyway – stuff and all.
- If you don’t have anything positive to say, do us a favor, sit down and be quiet!
- I will put my trust in God and the Holy Spirit, my helper, will do the work in me from the inside-out. So put down your stick. It is not helping.
- We are God’s chosen and His beloved children – that’s what He said. Who said you get to beat up on God’s kids and call them names?