The jezebel spirit is a malicious spirit and usually teams up with the spirits of religion and witchcraft all 3 of which are controlling spirits Jezebel, in my dealings with this spirit, is the gate keeper. Along with her are: man hating spirit, jezebel hates men especially men of God who are prophets and […]
Negative thoughts. Sometimes they come like waves. I had a night like that last night. I don’t know why. Maybe because I was tired. Maybe because I was under attack by spiritual forces at work – who knows. It really doesn’t matter why. What matters when this happens is what you do about it.
I have had struggles in this area before. I used to believe every thought that came into my head. Let me tell you – that is not healthy. I acted on bad thoughts and ended up in a world of hurt.
Today is different. I have learned that every thought that comes into my head may not be something I need to ponder on. I can choose to reject some thoughts. Some thoughts are from the enemy of our soul. Yes – the battle is for our minds. That is why God says to renew our minds and test every thought. That is why God tells us to think on good things.
How did I overcome those negative thoughts? I used the Word of God. I had to reaffirm what God said is greater that what I felt at the time. Feelings are not always real. Seriously. When I let my feelings rise above the Word I get myself in trouble. Feelings come and go. Feelings lie. The Word of God is the Truth.
Here are the things I told myself last night to overcome the wave of negative thoughts:
- God says I am chosen and beloved
- God says I am worthy
- God says I am loved
- God says He will give me life – not death
- God says what He made is good
- God says He will complete the work He is doing in me
- God says He loves me and He will protect me
I refuse to entertain negative thinking. When I do I end up hurting myself or others. God has plans for us, plans for a future, and good things. I will retrain my mind to dwell on the good and let go of the bad.
Friends. We all have them. People who have joined you on this journey called life. Some go, some stay, some move, and some never leave your side.
Quotes about Friends
1. “A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”– Unknown
2. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
3. “Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it’s to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind. .”– Moi
4. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.”– David Tyson
5. “The language of friendship is not words but meanings.” – Henry David Thoreau
6. “Nothing compares to the pain of a belly ache from laughing too hard with your best friend.” – Author unknown
7. “A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked.” – Author unknown
8. “Friends are kisses blown to us by angels.” – Author unknown
9. “Friends are the family you choose.” – Jess C. Scott
10. “I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.” – Ernest Hemingway
A friend loves at all times, And a, brother is born for adversity. – Proverbs 17:17
A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. – Proverbs 18:24
Thank you for your friendship. I appreciate all of you. This life would not be the same without you. You are special – God made you that way. And I for one am grateful our paths have crossed. God bless You! Diana
I was watching Longmire reruns when I heard this line, “Forgiveness is not a natural thing for most people.” That is true. When we get rejected or laughed at or betrayed it is not the first thought that comes to mind.
We are human after all. The first thought is more like:
- I’m gonna get you for that
- I will never forgive you
- It’s over
- I will never trust you ever again
- I can’t wait to get my revenge
No wonder Jesus had so much to say about forgiveness.
Have you ever met someone who refuses to forgive someone? They are angry, they are bitter, and they are stuck. You know, they repeat the same old story about how somebody wronged them every time you see them. They refuse to let it go. They gossip, they cut others down, and they stir up drama – all to get the focus off themselves. They blame everybody for everything. It’s sad really. You know they are miserable.
I have known people who harden their hearts and develop a root of bitterness. Roots grow deep. Once this happens they lose their joy and hope. You can’t tell them anything because they don’t want to hear it. They poison the lives of those they touch. They bring strife, division, and even hatred.
Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; – Hebrews 12:14-15 NKJV
So what should we do?
- Repent of any unforgiveness in our hearts. Ask the Holy Spirit to bring to mind those we have not yet forgiven.
- Forgive them and forgive yourself for holding on to it.
- Pray for the person you had a resentment against. Yes, pray for them. Ask God to bless them. Then you will be free of it.
- Trust God to deal with it. “Vengeance is mine says the Lord, I will repay.” Let God take care of it. Trust Him to make it right.
What they did may be wrong. But so you really want to be stuck there forever? Do you really want to be tied to that wrong forever? God can’t deal with them or make it right until you let it go.
“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” – Matthew 6:14-15
7 Inspiring Quotes for the 4th of July
- “One flag, one land, one heart, one hand, one nation forevermore!” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. ” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Liberty is the breath of life to nations. ” – George Bernard Shaw
- “The Declaration of Independence! The interest which in that paper has survived the occasion upon which it was issued; the interest which is of every age and every clime; the interest which quickens with the lapse of years, spreads as it grows old, and brightens as it recedes, is in the principles which it proclaims. ” – John Quincy Adams (1767–1848), “The Declaration of Independence”
- “The American, by nature, is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor, and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly.” – John F. Kennedy
- “May we think of freedom not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right.” – Peter Marshall
- “This, then, is the state of the union: free and restless, growing and full of hope. So it was in the beginning. So it shall always be, while God is willing, and we are strong enough to keep the faith. ” – Lyndon B. Johnson
56 Men signed the Declaration of Independence.
Do you know what it cost them? These 56 sacrificed much to declare our independence – freedom is never free:
- 5 were tortured
- 12 had their homes set on fire
- 9 died fighting the Revolutionary War
- Some had their families killed
Greater days are coming for you. God promised. Yes, really. I don’t know about you, but sometimes this world just weighs me down. Work, clean, eat, sleep, rinse, and repeat. I love my family and my Church – I just need a revival!
No wonder God says to set your mind on things above. If you think about this world and all the terrorism, wars, hate, etc. it is down right depressing. It won’t always be this way. Better days are coming. God promised to come right into the middle of our mess and lighten up our world. God is with us – Emmanuel. I remember Him saying, “I will be their God and they will be my people.” All things are possible with God. He will not leave us as orphans. We can call out to Him, “Abba Father” – to me that means “Daddy, help me!”
Some days I just praise Him in the middle of my mess. I don’t know all the answers, I don’t have to. There is such freedom in not having to know all the answers. God loves us – despite all the imperfections we see in ourselves and others. God’s vision is much greater than ours.
It’s not our love for Him – it’s HIS LOVE FOR US that holds us close. We can never pray enough, be good enough, or do everything right. He already knows that. He never expected perfection. He’s our Daddy – our Papa God. And only God is perfect. He created us to LOVE Him! God wanted someone to love – and that is YOU!
So today, Lord, let us open our hearts and revive our spirits to know that You love us no matter what. Let the rivers of living waters well up within us and revive our souls. Lord, better days are coming, You promised and we trust You!
God’s Word for You:
“But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.” – 2 Chronicles 15:7 NIV
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” – Galatians 6:9 NIV
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
My Prayer for You:
Please renew our vision. Help us to see beyond this world and into your Kingdom. Strengthen us with your Holy Spirit and let us bring light and love to this broken world. Let us be the salt of the Earth and the light of the world, in Jesus Name.
Good, Good Father
The spirit of Jezebel loves to control others and take advantage of any situation. I have know many people in my life who have displayed this type of personality. You know the type: their way or the highway, always two faced, constantly a drama queen. They love to be the center of attention and will sacrifice others to get the admiration of who they desire. Sometimes people call them Narcissists.
Have you ever run into this kind of person?
Jezebels abuse grace. Give them an inch and they will take a mile. There is no grace with a Jezebel. There is no love, no loyalty, no honor. They will be nice to you in one moment and then turn around and gossip behind your back. You will feel the knife go in as they do it. Then they will walk over like nothing happened. No wonder God wants us to get rid of this spirit.
God gave her time to repent – she did NOT want to. Lets be real. Jezebels get what they want by manipulation and control. They do not want to change. It is working for them. The like feeling superior and better than – and they will ‘kill’ anyone who gets in their way. They lie, they cheat, they steal, they slander, they gossip, they set up master plans to destroy – whatever it takes to get their way.
In the Bible Jezebel even killed to get her way. She set up a scheme to get Naboth killed so she could have his vineyard. See 1 Kings 21 for the whole story. There is always a plan with this type of person. They thrive on manipulation.
My point here – there is no grace with Jezebel – unless it’s part of a bigger plan. Beware my friends. There is always more to the story when this spirit is involved.
To the church in Thyatira
‘To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:
These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze. I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first.
Nevertheless, I have this against you: you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. – Revelation 2: 18- 23 NKJV
What do you think of when you hear the word Father? That word has so many meanings today. Our families really don’t look the same anymore. Let’s face it, many kids are not growing up with their father.
Today 1 in 4 children under the age of 18 — a total of about 17.2 million — are being raised without a father and almost half 40% live below the poverty line. (US Census Bureau, Household Relationship and Living Arrangements of Children Under 18 Years, by Age and Sex: 2016)
More Data on the Extent of Fatherlessness
- An estimated 24.7 million children (33%) live absent their biological father.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey, “Living Arrangements of Children under 18 Years/1 and Marital Status of Parents by Age, Sex, Race, and Hispanic Origin/2 and Selected Characteristics of the Child for all Children 2010.” Table C3. Internet Release Date November, 2010.
- Of students in grades 1 through 12, 39 percent (17.7 million) live in homes absent their biological fathers.
Source: Nord, Christine Winquist, and Jerry West. Fathers’ and Mothers’ Involvement in their Children’s Schools by Family Type and Resident Status. Table 1. (NCES 2001-032). Washington, DC: U.S. Dept of Education, National Center of Education Statistics, 2001.
- 57.6% of black children, 31.2% of Hispanic children, and 20.7% of white children are living absent their biological fathers.
Source: Family Structure and Children’s Living Arrangements 2012. Current Population Report. U.S. Census Bureau July 1, 2012.
- According to 72.2 % of the U.S. population, fatherlessness is the most significant family or social problem facing America.
Source: National Center for Fathering, Fathering in America Poll, January, 1999.
There is an opportunity here. Every kid needs a male figure to look up to, to model, and learn from. We desperately need Spiritual Fathers for these kids. We need men who will step up and step in to a child’s life to make a difference. How will our sons learn honor and how to protect? How will our daughters learn how valuable they are?
Thank you Lord for providing for the fatherless kids, thank you Lord for the men who will step up and show our boys how to be men and our girls how to be women. And God please bless those men who do.
At that time the followers came to Jesus. They said, “Who is the greatest in the holy nation of heaven?” Jesus took a little child and put him among them. He said, “For sure, I tell you, unless you have a change of heart and become like a little child, you will not get into the holy nation of heaven. Whoever is without pride as this little child is the greatest in the holy nation of heaven. Whoever receives a little child because of Me receives Me. But whoever is the reason for one of these little children who believe in Me to fall into sin, it would be better for him to have a large rock put around his neck and to be thrown into the sea. – Matthew 18:1-6 NLV
16 Inspirational Father’s Day Quotes
- “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” – Billy Graham
- “”The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Antoine-François Prévost
- “To be a father requires patience, love and giving up the ‘all about me’ attitude.” Catherine Pulsifer
- “I encourage all fathers to focus on the intangibles, because those are the gifts that make the difference.” Asha Patrick
- “Becoming a good father is not automatic – it takes time and effort. We must be willing to invest in this job – our most important, second to being a husband – as any other career we might pursue.” Dr. John C. Maxwell
- “I have repeatedly stated and emphatically declared that the key to the restoration and preservation of a sane and healthy society is the salvaging of the male, especially as a responsible father.” Myles Munroe
- “Any man can be a Father it takes someone special to be a Dad.” – Author Unknown
- “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.” – Mark Twain
- “By profession I am a soldier and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder – infinitely prouder — to be a father. A soldier destroys in order to build; the father only builds, never destroys.” – Douglas MacArthur
- “It takes a strong man to accept somebody else’s children and step up to the plate another man left on the table.” – Ray Johnson
- “I want to congratulate all the men out there who are working diligently to be good fathers whether they are stepfathers, or biological fathers, or just spiritual fathers.” – TD Jakes
- “I have repeatedly stated and emphatically declared that the key to the restoration and preservation of a sane and healthy society is the salvaging of the male, especially as a responsible father.” – Myles Munroe
- “The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him.” -Psalm 103:13 (NLT)
- “When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.” – Dave Atell
- “It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.” – Pope John XXIII
- The father of godly children has cause for joy. What a pleasure to have children who are wise.” – Proverbs 23:24 (NLT)
I have been to 4 graduations this month. And out of those 4 there have been 3 of them that the teachers use Dr. Seuss quotes. Can I ask why? The kids that are graduating are either from High School or College. Do you know the last time they read Dr. Seuss? Probably when they were like 3. Very strange. Maybe I’m just weird.
10 Graduation Quotes that are not Dr. Seuss
- “Be bold, be courageous, be your best.” – Former Rep. Gabrielle Gifford
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
- “In the game of life, when the final buzzer sounds, the only stat you carry with you is the number of assists you made. So help other people put some points on the board.” – -Mayor Mike Bloomberg
- “What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.””- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Don’t buy society’s definition of success. Because it’s not working for anyone. It’s not working for women, it’s not working for men, it’s not working for polar bears, it’s not working for the cicadas that are apparently about to emerge and swarm us. It’s only truly working for those who make pharmaceuticals for stress, diabetes, heart disease, sleeplessness, and high blood pressure.” – Arianna Huffington
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” -Henry David Thoreau
- “To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you too may one day be president of the United States.” – George W. Bush
- “There is no script. Live your life. Soak it all in.” – Dick Costolo
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Laughter – they call it medicine. It has been proven to help people get over illnesses, change negative thought patterns, and bring healing!
“Then our mouths were filled with laughter; our tongues sang for joy. Then it was said among the nations, “The Lord had done great things for them.
Benefits of Laughter
- Reduces stress hormones
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Increases oxygen levels to your organs
- Increases memory
- Boosts immune system
- Increases creativity
- Increases intelligence
- Decreases pain
- Improves sleep
- Releases endorphin’s so you feel better
- Helps fight cancer
- Improves depression
Put on a comedy show, spend some time with a friend or family.
Shake it off and get your giggle on!
“This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”
Do you have a favorite perfume? I think everyone has a favorite. I like Channel – any of them. Yes, every Mommy has her favorite perfume.
It’s funny how a simple fragrance can remind you of someone. The other day I sprayed some Channel on me and instantly remembered my mom’s perfume collection. She liked it too. I was transported back to her walk in closet with the perfumes, all her matching outfits, scarves, shoes, and jewelry. My mom used to Broker a Real Estate office so she always dressed up for work. I miss her, she passed away a few years ago. But that perfume brought me right back there.
What about you?
Do you have a favorite perfume?
What does it remind you of?
I found that the Holy Spirit has a fragrance as well. There are times that the presence of God will come upon you and you can smell it. It’s wonderful. You feel instantly protected and safe. God brings healing and hope in those moments as well.
“Live with love as Christ loved you. He gave Himself for us, a gift on the altar to God which was as a sweet smell to God.” – Ephesians 5:2 NLV
“We thank God for the power Christ has given us. He leads us and makes us win in everything. He speaks through us wherever we go. The Good News is like a sweet smell to those who hear it. We are a sweet smell of Christ that reaches up to God. It reaches out to those who are being saved from the punishment of sin and to those who are still lost in sin. It is the smell of death to those who are lost in sin. It is the smell of life to those who are being saved from the punishment of sin. Who is able for such a work? We are not like others. They preach God’s Word to make money. We are men of truth and have been sent by God. We speak God’s Word with Christ’s power. All the time God sees us.” – 2 Corinthians 2:14-17 NLV
- Smelling the Fragrance of God (Charisma News)
- The Smell of the Spirit (Jodie Berndt)
- Oh How He Smells Us (Christianity Today)
We remember our fallen heroes. Those who have died to give us our freedom. We honor you. We thank you. We are free today because of your sacrifice. Freedom is never free -there is always blood involved.
14 Memorial Day Quotes from Our Soldiers and Presidents
- “If I do not [return], my dear Sarah, never forget how much I love you, nor that, when my last breath escapes me on the battle-field, it will whisper your name. ” ― Major Sullivan Ballou
- “Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices.” –― President Harry S. Truman
- “They didn’t want to go to war, they didn’t want to leave their families, but when their country asked them to, they did, because they thought it was the right thing to do.” ― Norman Schwarzkopf
- “I don’t have to tell you how fragile this precious gift of freedom is. Every time we hear, watch, or read the news, we are reminded that liberty is a rare commodity in this world.” – President Ronald Reagan
- “Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.” – President John F. Kennedy
- “For love of country they accepted death.” — James A. Garfield
- “Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay, but we can honor their sacrifice.” — Barack Obama
- “The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country” ― George S. Patton Jr.
- ““True courage is being afraid, and going ahead and doing your job anyhow, that’s what courage is.” ― Norman Schwarzkopf
- “Each of the patriots whom we remember on this day was first a beloved son or daughter, a brother or sister, or a spouse, friend, and neighbor.” — George H. W. Bush
- “They do not need our praise. They do not need that our admiration should sustain them. There is no immortality that is safer than theirs. We come not for their sakes but for our own, in order that we may drink at the same springs of inspiration from which they themselves drank.” — Woodrow Wilson
- “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” – President Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” – President Thomas Jefferson
- “Looking across this field, we see the scale of heroism and sacrifice. All who are buried here understood their duty. All stood to protect America. And all carried with them memories of a family that they hoped to keep safe by their sacrifice.” — George W. Bush
(All images from Pinterest)