Daily Prompt: Places
Beach, mountain, forest, or somewhere else entirely?
I love neon. I am like a moth to the light with neon. A while back the kids and I went to visit my mom and brother in Reno, NV. Mom had just had a heart attack, and we wanted to see Grandma Linda. 1900 mile road trip in a Toyota, me and two kids, that was fun!
My daughter took a lot of these pics while driving in the car. Some are kind blurry, but I like it that way. Sometimes my vision is blurry too. I added a few from the internet that remind me of Jesus. I think Jesus would like neon, it lights up the darkness.
Fun Facts About Neon
*The word ‘Neon’ comes from the Greek word neos, which means “new one”.
*Neon gas in a light, can last for 15 years, without going off.
*When excited electrically, neon gives off a bright red color, but the gas itself is colorless.
OTHER COOL PLACES TO VISIT TODAY:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Places – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- The Night-Sky, Rain Droplets and City Lights | Ramisa the Authoress
- Hey, Let’s Have A Coffee | The Jittery Goat
- Mafra Portugal. «Natalie Elizabeth Beech Natalie Elizabeth Beech
- Daily Post: Places | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- Daily Prompt: Places | Daddy’s Naughty Little Girl
- The Long Days Out | The Daily Dilly Dally
- The WordPress Weekend Roundup – WP Daily
- Dailly Prompt: Places | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Places, Who Doesn’t Like The Beach? | Creative Mysteries
- places – BUBONICBOON
- Daily Prompt: Places ~ Napa Valley & Wine Country | I Am an Afterschool Special
- Daily Prompt: Places Tranquility | Lines by Linda
- A Convergence of Energies | Miss Pelican’s Perch
- The Isolated College Town | Liquid Matthew’s Development Blog
- DAILY PROMPT: BORACAY | aapatawaran
- Daily prompt – Places | Joe’s Musings
- Daily Prompt: Places « Mama Bear Musings
- None.. | ayimas
- Peace & Love on the Streets of San Francisco | Through the Peacock’s Eyes
- DP: Places | Life of Me and Mine
- From the roof of Oslo | Very Very
- Daily Prompt: Places | The Blogging Path
- Places, Faces | The Nameless One
- To the Moon! A Look at My Soul Sista | Short and Feisty
- Somewhere is fine | Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Post: Places | Tommia’s Tablet
- Places | Drama Queen Under the Sun
- A View of the Beach by a Jersey Girl | Misifusa’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Places | Purple Rosemary
- The Daily Prompt | julianawoo47
11 thoughts on “Reno, NV for Daily Prompt: Places”
This reminds me of the Cars movie, when Lightning McQueen restored the towns neon. 🙂 All the cars started cruising down the neon lit road, happy! Neon makes me happy too! Thank you and God bless you as you light up your corner of the world!
I love that movie Debbie! I even rented the 2nd one that came out. Life is a highway…
God bless you too beautiful!
I wonder what I would look like in neon.
That would be kinda fun… 🙂
I like neon too 🙂 I have a neon retro clock that just died. Thought maybe it was the connection but looking back to when I got (wow!) it must be about fifteen years old 🙁 Guess it’s time for a new one!