Write about your first name: Are you named after someone or something? Are there any stories or associations attached to it? If you had the choice, would you rename yourself?
Photographers, show us YOU.
(all pictures and images courtesy of google.com)
- Diana has multiple meanings and origins. The Biblical version of Diana means luminous, perfect. The French version of Diana means From the Greek goddess of the moon.
- People with this name tend to be balanced, and receptive t cooperation. They are the ideal partner and seek peace. It is important for them to learn how to speak up, or they may be taken advantage of. Sometimes they can get stuck on too many details and have feelings of loneliness.
- Meaning of the name Diane : Divine. Mythological ancient Roman divinity Diana was noted for beauty and swiftness: often depicted as a huntress. Greek goddess of the moon. Also Diana Princess of Wales
- This Latin word, properly denoting a Roman divinity, is the representative of the Greek Artemus, the tutelary goddess of the Ephesians, who plays so important a part in the narrative of Acts 19:35; “And when the city clerk had quieted the crowd, he said: “Men of Ephesus, what man is there who does not know that the city of the Ephesians is temple guardian of the great goddess Diana, and of the image which fell down from Zeus?”
- Diana is a feminine given name probably derived from an Indo-European root word referring to the divine. It is the name of the Roman goddess Diana, the goddess of the moon, the hunt, forests, and childbirth. The French form of the name is Diane. In Persian language Diana means “supplier (messenger) of beneficence & wellness”
- Diana is the Latin name for the Roman goddess associated with the moon and virginity, hunting, and the protector of wild animals, represented in myth as both beautiful and chaste.
- Two of her most prominent bearers today are singers Diana (born Diane) Ross and Krall. Fictional Diana’s appear in All’s Well That Ends Well, Jane Eyre and Anne of Green Gables.
Actually, my mom named me after her best friend in High School. But I have to say, looking this up was kinda freaky. I am not really a mythology girl. I remember reading all those books in High School, but that was about it. It was just too “pretend” for me. Even before I came to the Lord, I knew there was only One God, and I wasn’t it! Goddess of hunting, that’s funny. My dad tried to teach me to shoot a rifle one time when I was a kid, I aimed, shot, and landed smack dab on my butt! Learned about recoil…
But, since we are speaking of names today…have you heard of Jesus?
Now there is a Name!
- “When the Flame Becomes an Ember” (livingwatersoutreach.wordpress.com)
- The Riot at Ephesus (thingspaulandluke.wordpress.com)
- The 7 Churches of Revelation: Ephesus (willeng2surv.wordpress.com)
11 thoughts on “DIANA – means…”
IMHO Diana = luminous has proven true for me. You’ve certainly brought light into my day many a time!
“Tamara, Hebrew for Date Palm. They have a very deep root so they can withstand high winds and storms. That explains a lot about my life! 🙂
Thank you beautiful, you are shining pretty bright too – our future is so bright we are gonna need shades! Who sang that one? I can’t remember!
Deep roots, uggghhhh, you have withstood many trials from what I’ve read so far; you are a living testimony of God’s love and faithfulness. 😉
Had I known, I’d have changed my name when I was two years old!
Thanks for this post. It was fun to remember the significance the Lord gives to our names.
Great Post… I agree…I believe Diana means Princess or Royalty, in God’s Kingdom. I have never heard of Daily Prompt but I wonder what they would think about what Secret Angel means???
Go for it Angel, it is a great place to testify of the goodness of God. There is a new topic everyday. Here is the link:
Thanks…I sure did not know that. I told you that I am still learning my way around this blog thing. I did sent in an entry into the Challange: Metamorphosis. Check it out and let me know what you think. They probably thought that I was crazy to enter it….
You are not crazy, I love your post on Beauty for Ashes! That is the best change ever!
Thanks again. I wrote the Secret Angel entry. God is so good because he gave me the first sentence to lead off the post.
I still think Diana means “Princess” 🙂 Ann means “grace”…God knew before I was born that I was going to need lots of it LOL!
LOL, Loooove it! I’m glad His supply of Grace is bigger than my need! He knew what He was getting!