(all pictures and images courtesy of google.com)
- Diana has multiple meanings and origins. The Biblical version of Diana means luminous, perfect. The French version of Diana means From the Greek goddess of the moon.
- People with this name tend to be balanced, and receptive t cooperation. They are the ideal partner and seek peace. It is important for them to learn how to speak up, or they may be taken advantage of. Sometimes they can get stuck on too many details and have feelings of loneliness.
- Meaning of the name Diane : Divine. Mythological ancient Roman divinity Diana was noted for beauty and swiftness: often depicted as a huntress. Greek goddess of the moon. Also Diana Princess of Wales
- This Latin word, properly denoting a Roman divinity, is the representative of the Greek Artemus, the tutelary goddess of the Ephesians, who plays so important a part in the narrative of Acts 19:35; “And when the city clerk had quieted the crowd, he said: “Men of Ephesus, what man is there who does not know that the city of the Ephesians is temple guardian of the great goddess Diana, and of the image which fell down from Zeus?”
- Diana is a feminine given name probably derived from an Indo-European root word referring to the divine. It is the name of the Roman goddess Diana, the goddess of the moon, the hunt, forests, and childbirth. The French form of the name is Diane. In Persian language Diana means “supplier (messenger) of beneficence & wellness”
- Diana is the Latin name for the Roman goddess associated with the moon and virginity, hunting, and the protector of wild animals, represented in myth as both beautiful and chaste.
- Two of her most prominent bearers today are singers Diana (born Diane) Ross and Krall. Fictional Diana’s appear in All’s Well That Ends Well, Jane Eyre and Anne of Green Gables.