I have been in the body of Christ for about 25 years now. I did not grow up in the church, I grew up in the world. Yes, God has delivered me from many things, including my negative mind. I am eternally grateful that the ‘voices’ have stopped talking in my head. Maybe you know what I mean.
During this 25 years I have attended numerous Churches. I find an interesting quality with the leadership teams I have seen. Some are servants, doing the work that God has called us to do with humility and honor. Others, however, just want the microphone and the glory. That makes me sad.
I really think all of us Christians need therapy. We need to learn how to serve each other and put each other before our own desires. Many Christians are mostly selfish. Sorry, that has been my experience. Yes, there are exceptions. And it is the Servant Heart is what draws me in. I trust a Shepherd who will feed and care for the sheep. You know, when you are in the Hospital, they show up. When you end up in jail, they show up. When you are sick, they visit. When you are disabled, they come. They call to check up on you. They take an interest in what goes on the rest of the week.
Servant Leaders are the first ones to show up and take care of all the little things. They clean the bathrooms, take out the garbage, mow the grass. Stuff like that. They don’t announce it or look for a trophy, they are busy doing the Father’s work in the Father’s House. I honor the True Shepherds today because they are faithful with the little things – that really become the big things in God’s hands!
Quotes on Little Things Becoming Greater
- Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies. – Mother Teresa
- All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope. – Winston Churchill
- The beginning of Greater things starts as a seed. Passion, willingness to learn and tenacity is the key to rising above the average and the mediocre. Keep pushing and the refinery of life will bring out the Gold within you.” ― Oscar Bim
- There are many of us that are willing to do great things for the Lord, but few of us are willing to do little things. – Dwight L. Moody
- God has greater things in stock for us, but unless our great things are given away, we can’t receive our greater things. Give big and you’ll receive bigger! – ―
- Success in life is founded upon attention to the small things rather than to the large things; to the every day things nearest to us rather than to the things that are remote and uncommon. – Booker T. Washington
- God hides great things in little things. In every young girl, God hides a great woman; in every young boy, He hides a great man; in a small seed, He hides a big forest! A little is never inadequate if God’s hands are its creator! Don’t despise little things!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
- A faithful man will abound with blessings,
But he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished. – Proverbs 28:12