What is Labor Day?
- A day off with pay?
- The last hurah before school starts?
- the last vacation weekend for the family?
- another day to party?
- another day to do nothing?
I looked it up. Labor Day is a public holiday or day of festivities held in honor of working people, in the US and Canada on the first Monday in September, in many other countries on May 1.
16 Inspirational Quotes for Labor Day
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
- “I’ve learned that making a ‘living’ is not the same thing as ‘making a life’.” – Maya Angelou
- “Dreams are extremely important. You can’t do it unless you imagine it.” – George Lucas
- “It’s not what you achieve, it’s what you overcome. That’s what defines your career.” – Carlton Fisk
- “If you have a talent, use it in every way possible. Don’t hoard it. Don’t dole it out like a miser. Spend it lavishly like a millionaire intent on going broke.” – Brendan Francis
- “If you don’t feel it, flee from it. Go where you are celebrated, not merely tolerated.” – Paul F Davis
- “If you can DREAM it, you can DO it.” – Walt Disney
- “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
- “What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?” – Dr. Robert Schuller
- “Find out what you like doing best, and get someone to pay you for doing it.” – Katherine Whitehorn
- “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
- “Begin somewhere. You cannot build a reputation on what you intend to do.” – Liz Smith
- “Passion is what gives meaning to our lives. It’s what allows us to achieve success beyond our wildest imagination. Try to find a career path that you have a passion for. ” – Henry Samueli
- “If any man tells you he loves America, yet hates labor, he is a liar.
If any man tells you he trusts America, yet fears labor, he is a fool.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Without labor, nothing prospers.” – Sopholces
What profit is there for the worker from that in which he labors? I have seen the task which God has given to the sons of men with which to occupy themselves.
God Set Eternity in the Heart of Man
He has made everything beautiful and appropriate in its time. He has also planted eternity [a sense of divine purpose] in the human heart [a mysterious longing which nothing under the sun can satisfy, except God]—yet man cannot find out (comprehend, grasp) what God has done (His overall plan) from the beginning to the end.
I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good as long as they live; and also that every man should eat and drink and see and enjoy the good of all his labor—it is the gift of God. ” – Ecclesiastes 3:9-13 AMP