It has been a hard month. Two of my friends lost loved ones this month. My heart hurts. I havn’t been very talkative this month. My friends and I are grieving and I know only God can heal our hearts. I love them and it is so hard for all of us. I know that it is part of life, but it still hurts. Yes, there is life after death in Jesus Christ, but what about those of us who are still here? I admit it, I don’t like it. I don’t like change. I want things to stay the same forever. Well, sometimes.
We have all lost loved ones. You can’t get through planet Earth without losing someone you love. I have been through this too. Lost my mom and mother in law in the same year. Grief is hard. It comes in waves. One moment you are fine and the next you are crying your eyes out. Smells still get to me. I will smell a cologne, or a flower, or a food and remember my mom. I still lose it sometimes. Grief changes and humbles you. I know God has a plan and they are in Heaven, but sometimes living life here without them just hurts.
All we can do is hang out together and love each other through it. We pray for each other and hold each other tight. We cherish each day and look forward to the day we can see out loved ones again in Heaven. We lean on the Lord who never leaves us, forever. Help us Jesus, and Holy Spirit, comfort my friends and their families during this difficult time, in Jesus Name.
10 Quotes About Grief
- “We were promised sufferings. They were part of the program. We were even told, ‘Blessed are they that mourn,’ and I accept it. I’ve got nothing that I hadn’t bargained for. Of course it is different when the thing happens to oneself, not to others, and in reality, not imagination.” ― C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed
- “You will lose someone you can’t live without,and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp.” ― Anne Lamott
- “No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.” ― C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed
- “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” – Psaml 34:18 NIV
- “The darker the night, the brighter the stars,
The deeper the grief, the closer is God!” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- “In times of grief and sorrow I will hold you and rock you and take your grief and make it my own. When you cry I cry and when you hurt I hurt. And together we will try to hold back the floods to tears and despair and make it through the potholed street of life” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9 NIV
- “Deep grief sometimes is almost like a specific location, a coordinate on a map of time. When you are standing in that forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope” ― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
- He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” – Revelation 21:4 NIV
- “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28