Thank you LEAD OUR LIVES for the Very Inspiring Blogging Award.
Lead our Lives, aka Carrie, is a life coach and her blog is amazing. My favorite post of hers so far is called COMPASSION. I love how Carrie writes, it’s almost like you are there in the room with her having a cup of coffee…
There are some rules for this award – which remind me that we are paying it forward in our acknowledgement of those who inspire us.
Here are the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
So…here are seven things about me.
1. I grew up on a 30 acre hobby farm in Harvard, IL with horses, cows, chickens, pigs, turkeys, cats, and dogs. I used to feed the baby calves a milk bottle before school. And turkeys are stupid; we had a few that held their heads up in a rainstorm and drown! Good memories here – I loved riding my horse with the wind in my hair!
2. I am the oldest of 3 children. I have a sister who lives in northern WI, and a brother that lives in Reno, NV. My sister is a practicing Shaman/Witch, so our family parties are always a blast – light meets dark – kaboom!
3. I am blessed to play music with my husband, Bob, every Sunday at Janesville Apostolic Ministries in Janesville, WI. Bob plays acoustic/electric guitar and I play keyboards/bass. We “rock out” a lot at our house – just ask the kids!
4. Last year at this time I was in a wheelchair and crutches as I had broken my left leg. I was helping my husband run wire at a large hotel. We have our own computer business, InnovativeTeks, and we were upgrading their wireless. Well, the ladder I was on twisted. I fell, knocked myself out, and my leg got caught in the ladder – not pretty. Anyway, they put in a metal rod in – so now I am part bionic woman!
5. I have lived in many states, Wisconsin, Illinois, Maine, Minnesota, and Nevada. I tried to run away from myself in the past. Funny thing though, wherever I went, there I was.
6. I used to work at the School District as an Aide/Substitute Teacher with Special Education. I think the kids taught me more than I taught them. I love how they are not afraid to show love. This also taught me to ‘think outside the box’!
7. Mondays are “fuzzy sock days” for me. I took a merchandising job on the weekends stocking bread at 3 different grocery stores. Good exercise for me and my leg, lots of bending and twisting. I am so sore by Monday, that I usually stay in my pajamas all day with my fuzzy socks! 🙂
And, here are 15 of the bloggers I follow daily. This was a hard choice because, like many of you, I follow a lot more than 15! Thank you all for your support, I appreciate you all!
15 VERY INSPIRING BLOGGERS:
4. The Seeker
9. Cole Ryan
10. Hit Me No More
13. Adies Hut Up
14. Lori Lara
15. Eily Murphy