What is Rosh Hashanah you ask? So did I. I saw it on my calender this morning. I had to look it up. Happy New Year! The beginning of the 10 days of Awe for the Jewish People, God’s chosen. Let us cast off the old and welcome the new! Let’s celebrate with them. God’s blessings and peace and abundance upon you this new year, in Jesus Name!
21 QUOTES FOR NEW BEGINNINGS
1. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” -Jeremiah 29:11
2. “Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him.” -Psalm 98:1
3.“And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been” ― Rainer Maria RilkeTrending
4. “See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”-Isaiah 43:19
5. “He will love you and bless you and increase your numbers. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land–your grain, new wine and oil–the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks in the land that he swore to your forefathers to give you.” -Deuteronomy 7:13
6.”Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” -Lamentations 3:22-23
7. “I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.” -Ezekiel 11:19
8.”Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” -2 Corinthians 5:17
9. “You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.” -Ephesians 4:22-24
10. “Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.” -Colossians 3:9-10
11.”Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,” -1 Peter 1:3
12. “He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”” -Revelation 21:5
13. “Love the LORD, all his saints! The LORD preserves the faithful, but the proud he pays back in full. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.” -Psalm 31:23-24
14. “There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.” -Proverbs 23:18
15.”Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” -Isaiah 40:30-31
16. “But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.” -Micah 7:7
17. “And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.” -Romans 5:5
18. “”Sing, O barren woman, you who never bore a child; burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband,” says the LORD. “Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities. “Do not be afraid; you will not suffer shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood. For your Maker is your husband– the LORD Almighty is his name– the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.” -Isaiah 54:1-5
19. “The more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become – because He made us. He invented us. He invented all the different people that you and I were intended to be. . .It is when I turn to Christ, when I give up myself to His personality, that I first begin to have a real personality of my own.” ― C.S. Lewis
20. “No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!” ― C. JoyBell C.
21. “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language
And next year’s words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.” (Little Gidding)” ― T.S. Eliot
4 thoughts on “New Beginnings on Rosh Hashanah”
Thank you for helping us celebrate today! God bless you!
Diana, in this new year may you find new treasures and delight in the Lord! Happy New Year!!!
Thank you for these wonderful promises! Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you too!