We remember our fallen heroes. Those who have died to give us our freedom. We honor you. We thank you. We are free today because of your sacrifice. Freedom is never free -there is always blood involved.
14 Memorial Day Quotes from Our Soldiers and Presidents
- “If I do not [return], my dear Sarah, never forget how much I love you, nor that, when my last breath escapes me on the battle-field, it will whisper your name. ” ― Major Sullivan Ballou
- “Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices.” –― President Harry S. Truman
- “They didn’t want to go to war, they didn’t want to leave their families, but when their country asked them to, they did, because they thought it was the right thing to do.” ― Norman Schwarzkopf
- “I don’t have to tell you how fragile this precious gift of freedom is. Every time we hear, watch, or read the news, we are reminded that liberty is a rare commodity in this world.” – President Ronald Reagan
- “Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.” – President John F. Kennedy
- “For love of country they accepted death.” — James A. Garfield
- “Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay, but we can honor their sacrifice.” — Barack Obama
- “The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country” ― George S. Patton Jr.
- ““True courage is being afraid, and going ahead and doing your job anyhow, that’s what courage is.” ― Norman Schwarzkopf
- “Each of the patriots whom we remember on this day was first a beloved son or daughter, a brother or sister, or a spouse, friend, and neighbor.” — George H. W. Bush
- “They do not need our praise. They do not need that our admiration should sustain them. There is no immortality that is safer than theirs. We come not for their sakes but for our own, in order that we may drink at the same springs of inspiration from which they themselves drank.” — Woodrow Wilson
- “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” – President Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” – President Thomas Jefferson
- “Looking across this field, we see the scale of heroism and sacrifice. All who are buried here understood their duty. All stood to protect America. And all carried with them memories of a family that they hoped to keep safe by their sacrifice.” — George W. Bush
(All images from Pinterest)
6 thoughts on “14 Memorial Day Quotes from Our Soldiers and Presidents”
Ameen…Thanks for your quotes
My pleasure, thanks for stopping by! Diana
Amen-Amein!! God Bless all our Veterans and my Sisters and Brothers in Christ Jesus-Yeshua!!
Love Always and Shalom ( Peace ), YSIC \o/
Reblogged this on The Abuse Expose' with Secret Angel and commented:
Powerful message! Yes, let us honor them today!
Amen! Thanks for those quotes.