So many people forget. They gloss it over like it never happened. Oh yeah, “Happy Armed Forces Day.” like it is a party. Men and women have died so that we have freedom. I am weary of people taking our Military for granted. They go on with their little lives doing whatever they want with no sacrifice for anyone. We have become so selfish my friends.
Let us give honor where honor is due – to our Veterans. Some have lived to tell about it. Some have not. They all sacrificed their freedom so you could have yours. The ground is crying out with their blood. Do you hear it? Let us not take their sacrifice lightly. There are families without fathers and mothers and sons and daughters. They paid the price.
Forgive us Lord, for not honoring our heroes. Those who have sacrificed their time, their lives, their families, and their agenda so we may remain free. Protect them Lord, in Jesus Name.
Thank you to all the Veterans I know – I appreciate your service. I am grateful you served and protected me and my family and our country. I don’t know how you did what you did. All the stories you share with me give me such respect for you. Such a sacrifice you made for our freedom. We live in the land of liberty because of what you did. God bless you abundantly and keep you and your families safe. May the Lord multiply his grace and mercy and provision to you and yours for now and evermore, in Jesus Name.
10 Quotes for Armed Forces Day
- “Freedom is never free. ” – Author Unknown
- “Today let us, as Americans, honor the American fighting man. For it is he–the soldier, the sailor, the Airman, the Marine–who has fought to preserve freedom. It is his valor that has given renewed hope to the free world that by working together in discipline and faith our ideals of freedom will always prevail.” – Admiral Forrest P. Sherman
- “It is fitting and proper that we devote one day each year to paying special tribute to those whose constancy and courage constitute one of the bulwarks guarding the freedom of this nation and the peace of the free world.” – President Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.” – President John F. Kennedy
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
- “Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world. A Veteran doesn’t have that problem.” – Ronald Regan
- “Honor to the Soldier, and Sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor also to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field, and serves, as he best can, the same cause – honor to him, only less than to him, who braves, for the common good, the storms of heaven and the storms of battle.” – President Abraham Lincoln
- “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.” – General MacArthur
- “What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” -General Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “The patriot’s blood is the seed of Freedom’s tree. ” – Thomas Campbell