This is in honor for my friend going through a rough time. Stand strong my sister – you can do this. You are worth so much more.
Oh, sweet mornings. My husband is a creative cook. My daughter is a creative cook. 2 cooks in the kitchen last night. Oh my – getting creative sometimes makes an explosion! Yet, I would not have it any other way. There is something about an Artist making something – you can see the spark. You can feel the energy!
Make the mess today – create something wonderful!
10 QUOTES ON CREATIVITY
“Others have seen what is and asked why. I have seen what could be and asked why not. ” ― Pablo Picasso
“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” ― Maya Angelou
“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.”― Albert Einstein
“There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.” ― Sophia Loren
“Dance above the surface of the world. Let your thoughts lift you into creativity that is not hampered by opinion.” ― Red Haircrow
Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It’s God’s gift from start to finish! We don’t play the major role. If we did, we’d probably go around bragging that we’d done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing. ― Ephesians 2:7-10 MSG
“Creativity takes courage. ” ― Henri Matisse
“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious…and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” ― Walt Disney Company
“The painter has the Universe in his mind and hands.” ― Leonardo da Vinci
“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
Choosing your battles is not always an easy task. Some people just want to argue. Some are addicted to drama. Some are jealous. Some people enjoy creating chaos. Remember Pigpen and the little cloud of dust that followed him? Leaving a dust trail wherever he went. A little here, a little there – you knew where he had been. You could see the trail!
How do you deal with people who try to rob your peace? Here are a few of my ideas – learned the hard way of course!
7 ways to Keep Your Peace
1. Refuse to attend every argument you are invited to. Just because someone thinks differently than you doesn’t mean it’s a contest to see who is right. Let us let go of our desire to prove ourselves with every person who comes along. As God’s kids we are already accepted in Him. Our identity comes from who He says we are, not about who others say. It’s ok if we don’t agree with everybody all the time.
2. Let’s give ourselves permission to not always have the last word. Conversation is a two way street. Half of the time is listening. Let us be better listeners.
3. How about we let go of being The Savior? Jesus is the Savior, not us. Let us give ourselves permission NOT to rescue everyone. We are NOT responsible for their choices, only our own. Love them enough to let them be fully responsible for their own actions.
4. Let us let go of criticizing and condemning other people’s behaviors. Nobody likes condemnation. It is the Holy Spirit’s job to convict people. There is no condemning of anyone. We don’t choose who goes to Heaven or Hell – Jesus does. Our job is to preach the Word – in season and out. We are not the Holy Spirit. Others might welcome it, or not. What they do with it really is up to them.
5. Let’s give ourselves permission to be wrong. None of us is perfect in our own strength. It’s ok, we are still human. Let’s be willing to admit when we make a mistake. Let’s forgive, as we have been forgiven as well. Let it go already!
6. Let us Guard our hearts and protect our peace. It’s ok to say no. It’s ok to give yourself some distance from a person. It is ok not to answer every text, every email, every phone call. Let’s use our boundaries. Not everything or everyone gets to come into our yard, or our house, or our minds whenever they want. That is healthy. Let us give ourselves the same respect and honor we give to others.
7. Know how to refill your body, mind, and spirit with Living Water – Jesus. Whether we read the Word, listen to the Word, listen to a Message, listen to music, just unplug, or whatever. Garbage in – garbage out, as they say. Let us learn to honor our bodies and minds with good things. Let’s take walks, enjoy nature, take baths, and go smell the flowers! Let us give ourselves time and space to rest in Him. It’s ok, He really does have this all worked out!