Some days are more peaceful than others. I wish I had a switch to turn on and off. Life gets crazy sometimes. These are the days I need to guard my heart and keep my peace, no matter what is going on around me.
This world is so LOUD. Ugggh. We are constantly bombarded with things, people, information, news, and life. Sometimes I just unplug, listen to music, and just be. I like candles and music. That helps me calm down. Sometimes I play piano or bass and just relax.
I like to connect with God and let the world just turn. God is peace. His presence brings peace, no matter what the storm we are going through. I don’t need Facebook or Twitter to do that, just prayer and praise. God inhabits our praise. Want to feel closer to Him? Start praising Him. Pray to Him. God likes to talk with us, we are His kiddos. Thank Him – for anything. And just let it be…
What about you? How do you calm down and keep your peace?
14 Quotes on Keeping Your Peace
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- “An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” ― Jeremiah 29:11
- “The Simple Path
Silence is Prayer
Prayer is Faith
Faith is Love
Love is Service
The Fruit of Service is Peace”
― Mother Teresa
- “Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God’s hands, that I still possess.” ― Martin Luther
- “The kingdom of God is righteousness and peace. True wisdom is never argumentative or quarrelsome. It does not strive. It maintains harmonious relationships with everyone, as far as possible. It is impossible to quarrel with a man who is filled with Divine wisdom, for such a man is a peaceable man.” ― Zac Poonen
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.’ – Galations 5:22-23
- “Peace is more important than all justice; and peace was not made for the sake of justice, but justice for the sake of peace.” ― Martin Luther
- “As we pour out our bitterness, God pours in his peace.” ― F.B. Meyer
- “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” – Phillipians 4:6-7
- “The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “If God be our God, He will give us peace in trouble. When there is a storm without, He will make peace within. The world can create trouble in peace, but God can create peace in trouble.” ― Thomas Watson
- “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.”― Mother Teresa