Those were the words I heard the Holy Spirit speak to me. “Stop chasing things.” This world is so full of things- and sometimes they even sparkle!
- If you have this – you’ll be happy.
- If you do this – you’ll feel better
- If you buy more – you’ll be great
- If you get the right guy – life will be awesome.
- If you make more money – if you have better clothes – if you buy a better car – if you blah, blah, blah…
You know the story. Has you “American Dream” turned into a nightmare? And I have to admit I fell for it. Too busy chasing things. Too busy period.
Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Lord, forgive me. Help me to be thankful for the simple things. Help me remember that I do not need to chase anyone or anything. And I have all that I need with You, in Jesus Name.
3 thoughts on “Stop Chashing Things”
Amen Sister in Christ Jesus!! Our True GOD supplies all our needs, to those who TRUST in HIM and his SON JESUS CHRIST!!
With grateful heart, have a blessed sunday.
Thank you Perpetua, you too 😉