Sometimes my feelings spill out, like an overfilled cup of water. Sometimes it happens by surprise! I have been obsessed with Netflix this past few months. With the stupid pandemic and being stuck inside all day – what’s a girl supposed to do? Anyway, I picked out the movie The Starling with Melissa McCarthy. She has had many funny movies as of late like Identity Theft, Nine Perfect Strangers, and even Mike and Molly.
Ok, The Starling just got to me. I won’t give it away, but I highly recommend it – especially if you have ever grieved someone. This stupid starling bird is territorial and keeps hitting Melissa in the head – it’s hilarious! I laughed and I cried my eyes out watching this. It was so true and honest. I really didn’t know I still had those feelings in my heart of loss and grief. I guess I had stuffed them down so long I forgot they were there. Movies like The Starling helped me heal.
Here are a few quotes from The Starling:
- Changes are scary but that doesn’t have to be a bad thing.
- Sometimes we just push people away to see if they will come back.
- That is a starling. See the little white flecks that look like stars?
- We can’t stand the idea of something so tragic happening for no reason at all.
- Worst of all, we turn on ourselves.
- My little girl passed away and then I tried to pass myself away.
- I quit on myself so fast. And then I quit on the people who love me.
- Starlings are different from other birds. When they mate, they build a nest together, and they protect the nest. Together. They even feed the hatchlings, together.
God’s Word for You:
- So for now you are in grief; but I will see you again, and [then] your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take away from you your [great] joy. – John 16:22 AMP
- The Lord is near to the heartbroken
And He saves those who are crushed in spirit (contrite in heart, truly sorry for their sin). – Psalm 34:18 AMP
- He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their wounds [healing their pain and comforting their sorrow]. – Psalm 147:3 AMP
- My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the rock and strength of my heart and my portion forever. – Psalm 73:26 AMP
- “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation]. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me [following Me as My disciple], for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest (renewal, blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is easy [to bear] and My burden is light.” – Matthew 11:28-30 AMP