The other day I took our two dogs outside to play. I sat on the doorstep and had a heart to heart with God while Max and Ruby were playing. I said, “Lord, you know I have been stuck in this season and going nowhere lately. I need your help. Can you please just give me a refill of your Holy Spirit again? I want to be full of your Spirit Lord and not my own.”
It only took a minute. Then God poured out this tremendous fall breeze. I looked up and felt the wind of the Spirit fill my heart once again. “Yes Lord, Yes!” All I had to do was ask! Yes, just ask. Somehow I thought that once you got the Holy Spirit you just had it forever. But I wanted more, so I asked, and that is what Jesus says we can do.
“And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.” – John 16: 23-24 NKJV
” If you, then, being evil [that is, sinful by nature], know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask and continue to ask Him!” Luke 11:13 AMP
The Wind of the Spirit Quotes
- “I’ve never seen the Holy Spirit, but I’ve seen His powerful wind blowing through people’s lives.” — James MacDonald
- “When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.” – Acts 2:1-4 NKJV
- “It is the Holy Spirit’s job to convict, God’s job to judge and my job to love.”― Billy Graham
- “Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.” – Acts 2:38-39 NKJV
- “Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” – John 3:5-8 NKJV
- “The wizard [of Oz] says look inside yourself and find self. God says look inside yourself and find [the Holy Spirit]. The first will get you to Kansas.
The latter will get you to heaven. Take your pick.” ― Max Lucado
- ” Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace be with you.” When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.
So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.” – John 20:19-23 NKJV
- “After all, prayer is the difference between the best you can do and the best God can do. And that’s a big difference!
If we hit our knees, the Holy Spirit will do the heavy lifting. If we hit our knees, the Holy Spirit will reveal things that can only be discovered in the presence of God. If we hit our knees, the Holy Spirit will give us God-ideas for our ministry, family, business – for our lives.”
― Mark Batterson
- “ In Him, you also, when you heard the word of truth, the good news of your salvation, and [as a result] believed in Him, were stamped with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit [the One promised by Christ] as owned and protected [by God]. The Spirit is the guarantee [the first installment, the pledge, a foretaste] of our inheritance until the redemption of God’s own [purchased] possession [His believers], to the praise of His glory.” – Ephesians 1:13-14 AMP