Have you ever had a sick child? A sick friend? A sick parent? You check on them all the time whether they are awake or asleep. You comfort them, you make sure they eat and drink fluids. You may give them medicine to help with their symptoms. You prop up their pillows, sit beside them, hold their hand, take their temperature, and anything else to help them recover. And you don’t leave their side until they are well. You might sleep on the couch just to be close to them and be there. Right?
Now I know why God never sleeps…
He has way too many kids!
A Song of Ascents.
I will lift up my eyes to the hills [around Jerusalem, to sacred Mount Zion and Mount Moriah]—From whence shall my help come?
My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip or to be moved; He Who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand [the side not carrying a shield].
The sun shall not smite you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life.
The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
- 51 Healing Promises (talithasmeetingplace.wordpress.com)
- Dealing with Severe Emotional Pain: The Roadmap to Healing (inspirationalchristiansfortoday.com)
- Scripture prayer for healing (freedomtruthmarriage.wordpress.com)
- Prophetic Word for 2014 – By Kenneth Copeland (missyhood.wordpress.com)
- True Healing (demileyva.wordpress.com)