Hard times reveal true friends. I had a hard day today. I think it was just all the stress of everyday life piling up on me. But I had friends at work who helped me see beyond today. Friends who showed me kindness when I lost it. Friends who gave me hugs and prayed for me in my time of need. Thank you Lord – for good friends!
- “Friendship is born at the moment when one man says to another “What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .” ― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
- “Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow
Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead
Walk beside me… just be my friend” ― Albert Camus
- “When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.” ― Henri J.M. Nouwen, Out of Solitude: Three Meditations on the Christian Life
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” ― Elbert Hubbard
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you…I could walk through my garden forever.” ― Alfred Tennyson
- “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” ― Helen Keller
- “Why did you do all this for me?’ he asked. ‘I don’t deserve it. I’ve never done anything for you.’ ‘You have been my friend,’ replied Charlotte. ‘That in itself is a tremendous thing.” ― E.B. White, Charlotte’s Web
- “I think if I’ve learned anything about friendship, it’s to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff.” ― Jon Katz
5 thoughts on “Hard Times Reveal True Friends – Quotes to Live By”
life is in my hand and its up to me that what i want and what not in my life…
So hard, but I love what you have to say. Ive realized that friendship does last forever but some just go on the back burner for awhile then all of the sudden forgiveness and love returns! Well written!
Thank you and God bless you both!