Fear. We have all felt it. That paralyzing moster who stops us in our tracks. It comes from different places and each of us have different things that we are fearful of. Dread, terror, fright, dread – you know. But what do we do when we feel afraid?
14 Quotes on Fear and What to Do with It
- Fear can paralyze us and keep us from believing God and stepping out in faith. The devil loves a fearful Christian! – Billy Graham
- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Everything you want is on the other side of fear. -Jack Canfield
- Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter. -Francis Chan
- Don’t allow fear to hold you hostage, let your faith rest in God! – Lisa Osteen Comes
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. – Nelson Mandela
- If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. – Dale Carnegie
- Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. -Yoda
- Fear is the thief of opportunity! God hasn’t given you a spirit of fear, but He’s given you power, love and a sound mind. Be bold because He is with you! – Victoria Osteen
- The amateur believes he must first overcome his fear; then he can do his work. The professional knows that fear can never be overcome. He knows there is no such thing as a fearless warrior or a dread-free artist. – Steven Pressfield
- The enemy is fear. We think it is hate; but it is fear. -Gandhi
- Fear is a sickness. – Peter Nii Korley
- He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Have no fear, God knows what He is doing. What was meant for evil, He will use to make Himself glorified IN YOU. That means, their evil plans will not work. You’re coming out of this. – Paul A. Adefarasin
But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
For I am the Lord your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior – Isaiah 43:1-3 NKJV