Forgive me friends. Yes, my last post was a bit over the edge. Sometimes I get too worked up over things that probably don’t make a difference. One thing I have learned, is that I can’t hold on to those angry feelings. They devour you.
Today I choose to forgive, and let God deal with it. I trust the Lord. I can’t carry anger – it’s too heavy. LIfe is too short not to forgive…
10 Quotes on Forgiveness
- “To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.” ― C.S. Lewis
- “Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- “To err is human, to forgive, divine.” ― Alexander Pope
- “These are the few ways we can practice humility:
To speak as little as possible of one’s self.
To mind one’s own business.
Not to want to manage other people’s affairs.
To avoid curiosity.
To accept contradictions and correction cheerfully.
To pass over the mistakes of others.
To accept insults and injuries.
To accept being slighted, forgotten and disliked.
To be kind and gentle even under provocation.
Never to stand on one’s dignity.
To choose always the hardest.” ― Mother Teresa
- “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” ― Steve Maraboli
- “I think that if God forgives us we must forgive ourselves. Otherwise, it is almost like setting up ourselves as a higher tribunal than Him.” ― C.S. Lewis
- “As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I’d still be in prison.” ― Nelson Mandela
- “Not forgiving is like drinking rat poison and then waiting for the rat to die.” ― Anne Lamott
- “Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.” – Colossians 3:12-13 NKJV
- “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” – Matthew 6:14-15 NKJV