This world is not all there is. There is a whole new realm of reality. The Heavenlies. Here is where the angels and demons fight. Our prayers and worship can invade this place, and move mountains!
As children of the King of Kings, we have been made new and adopted into a new Kingdom. Our prayers have power. Our worship changes the atmosphere. – not because of what we do or how we do it, but because of WHO we belong to – Jesus. It’s His Power, His Authority, and His Word that brings the victory. He had the victory at the Cross of Calvary. We have the privilidge and honor to bring His kingdom from Heaven to Earth and stand by His Word, enforce His Word, and watch His Word set captives free!
When we align ourselves with God, we enter the fight. Yes, there really is a war going on – and we are the Soldiers of God’s Army bringing His light into the darkeness to rescue the captives and set free those who have been bruised and broken. Spiritual Warfare is God’s way of setting prisoners free!
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;” Isaiah 61:1
10 Quotes on Spiritual Warfare
- “The nature of the enemy’s warfare in your life is to cause you to become discouraged and to cast away your confidence. Not that you would necessarily discard your salvation, but you could give up your hope of God’s deliverance. The enemy wants to numb you into a coping kind of Christianity that has given up hope of seeing God’s resurrection power.” ― Bob Sorge, Glory: When Heaven Invades Earth
- “If you are a Christ follower, the evil one is after you. When you signed on for Christ, you enlisted in a great war. You became a combatant in a titanic battle for spiritual dominion that has been going on since before Adam and Eve. The enemy has marked you for annihilation, and his demonic armies are aiming their big guns right at your heart. Satan wants you to stumble and fall. He wants your failure to cause others to think that Christianity is empty of meaning and powerless to change lives. If he can tempt you to forget whose side you’re on just for a moment… if Satan can get you to forget your commitment to holiness for just that moment, he may bring down not only you, but others who are watching you. It’s a serious thing to be a follower of Jesus. We must find ourselves in a state of constant dependency on him. We must ask God for his strength to overcome the evil one and resist such temptations.” ― Michael W. Smith
- “I believe that the attacks on your life have much more to do with who you might be in the future than who you have been in the past.” ― Lisa Bevere, Girls with Swords: Why Women Need to Fight Spiritual Battles
- “Whatever your station or position in life, there is always room for improvement, enhancement, and perfection. I say this with a great sense of humility. Regardless of what you are enjoying at the moment, the Lord says that he has something better for you! No matter what you have achieved, attained, or accomplished in this world, there are more challenges and blessings ahead. God says that you have stayed long enough on this mountain. It is time to press forward to take more territories and receive more trophies.” ― Pedro Okoro, Crushing the Devil: Your Guide to Spiritual Warfare and Victory in Christ
- “The devil takes his victories,” the man replied, “wherever men of God lose heart, and leave the field to him.” ― Orson Scott Card, Seventh Son
- “Prayer is picking a fight with the Enemy. It’s spiritual warfare. Intercession transports us from the sidelines to the front lines without going anywhere. And that is where the battle is won or lost. Prayer is the difference between us fighting for God and God fighting for us. But we can’t just hit our knees. We also have to take a step, take a stand. And when we do, we never know what God will do next.” ― Mark Batterson, All In: You Are One Decision Away From a Totally Different Life
- “We do well to be reminded that the devil hates a praying leader and a praying church. When we begin to pray, we pick a fight with the devil at a whole new level. Yet, our calling is to be praying menaces to the enemy.” ― Daniel Henderson, Old Paths, New Power: Awakening Your Church through Prayer and the Ministry of the Word
- “If you are paralyzed by your past, if Satan is destroying your gifts and your calling by his incessant replaying of old tapes, you’re actually being hit by a double whammy. The original damage in the past is one thing – but now you’re letting yourself be hurt and sidetracked again by the memory of what happened… We should not be ignorant of Satan’s devices, and these ugly memories are one of the main weapons in his arsenal.” ― Jim Cymbala, Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God’s People
- “Don’t attempt to fight the enemy in your own strength. You will experience burnout, and you will fail. Don’t even think about it! The key is to engage in spiritual warfare God’s way. And that is by resting in him and fighting from victory, not for victory!” ― Pedro Okoro, The Ultimate Guide to Spiritual Warfare: Learn to Fight from Victory, Not for Victory!
- “God isn’t asking you to fight the devil. He is asking you to simply uphold or sustain the victory won by Jesus at Calvary and enforce his authority over the devil. You’re like the traffic warden who raises his hand and the vehicles stop. They don’t stop because he can physically bring the vehicles to a halt, but because he is representing and upholding the authority of the state.” ― Pedro Okoro,