It seems so hard, loving someone in the Armed Forces. You love them,build a life, and then they get deployed. Husbands and wives, Parents and childred – they find themselves separated for weeks, to months, to years at a time.
I have not lived through this, but I have family and friends that have. They are so strong. Their relationships have such depth – because they know how to love, pray and wait. They learn to trust, even when they cannot see. I admire their courage and strentgy. They are all heros in my book – the soldeirs and the families that support them.
10 Inspiring Quotes for Military Deployment
- “A hundred hearts would be too few, To carry all my love for you.”- Author Unknown
- “Hundreds of thousands of American servicemen and women are deployed across the world in the war on terror. By bringing hope to the oppressed, and delivering justice to the violent, they are making America more secure. ” – George W. Bush
- If I had a single flower for every time I think of you, I could walk forever in my garden. -Claudia Adrienne Grandi
- “A Soldier Doesn’t Fight Because He Hates What Is In Front Of Him. A Soldier Fights Because He Loves What He Left Behind.” – Unknkown
- You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you. – Frederick Buechner
- ”It’s not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what is required.” — Winston Churchill
- “You never get used to it. You just get through it.” – Army Wives
- “Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye?” -Author Unknown
- “We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.” ― Winston S. Churchill
- Love will travel as far as you let it. It has no limits. —Dee King
Diana Rasmussen is a Faith Builder, Worship Leader, Veteran's wife, and Customer Service Rep. At her blog Prayers and Promises she shares from her heart on how to find hope in this crazy world!