Merry Chirstmas my friends. I wish you peace and joy and new birth of all new things. God came into the world, to do what we could not do for ourselves. Emmanuel, God with us. He is such a good, good Father.
Quotes for Christmas
- “Once in our world, a stable had something in it that was bigger than our whole world.” -C.S. Lewis
- All the Christmas presents in the world are worth nothing without the presence of Christ.” -David Jeremiah
- “Christmas is based on an exchange of gifts, the gift of God to man – His unspeakable gift of His Son, and the gift of man to God – when we present our bodies a living sacrifice.” – Vance Havner
- “The Son of God became a man to enable men to become the sons of God.” – C S Lewis
- “Infinite, and an infant. Eternal, and yet born of a woman. Almighty, and yet hanging on a woman’s breast. Supporting a universe, and yet needing to be carried in a mother’s arms. King of angels, and yet the reputed son of Joseph. Heir of all things, and yet the carpenter’s despised son.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.” – Isaiah 9:6-7 NKJV
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” ― Charles Dickens
- “You can never truly enjoy Christmas until you can look up into the Father’s face and tell him you have received his Christmas gift. ” – John R Rice
- “Best of all, Christmas means a spirit of love, a time when the love of God and the love of our fellow men should prevail over all hatred and bitterness, a time when our thoughts and deeds and the spirit of our lives manifest the presence of God.” -George F. McDougall
- “Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold,an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:
“Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!” – Luke 2:8-14 NKJV
Diana Rasmussen is a Faith Builder, Worship Leader, Veteran's wife, and Customer Service Rep. At her blog Prayers and Promises she shares from her heart on how to find hope in this crazy world!