Thank you Lord, for family. Thank you for your peace and your presence and the gift of life. Thank you for love and joy and laughter. Thank you for all the blessings you have given us this Thanksgiving and forever. What a mighty God we serve! He’s a Good, Good Father!
Thankful Quotes for Thanksgiving
- “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “Genuine thankfulness is an act of the heart’s affections, not an act of the lips’ muscles.” –John Piper
- “We pray for the big things and forget to give thanks for the ordinary, small (and yet really not small) gifts.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “Enter His gates with thanksgiving And His courts with praise Give thanks to Him, bless His name. For the LORD is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting And His faithfulness to all generations.” – Psalm 100:5
- “Those blessings are sweetest that are won with prayer and worn with thanks.” – Thomas Goodwin
- . “A thankful heart is one of the primary identifying characteristics of a believer. It stands in stark contrast to pride, selfishness, and worry. And it helps fortify the believer’s trust in the Lord and reliance of His provision, even in the toughest times. No matter how choppy the seas become, a believer’s heart is buoyed by constant praise and gratefulness to the Lord.” –John MacArthur
- “Oh give thanks to the LORD, call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples.” – 1 Chronicles 16:8
- “If I do not feel a sense of joy in God’s creation, if I forget to offer the world back to God with thankfulness, I have advanced very little upon the Way. I have not yet learnt to be truly human. For it is only through thanksgiving that I can become myself.” – Kallistos Ware
- “Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, For His lovingkindness is everlasting. Give thanks to the God of gods, For His lovingkindness is everlasting. Give thanks to the Lord of lords, For His lovingkindness is everlasting.” – Psalm 136:1-3
- “Joy is thankfulness, and when we are joyful, that is the best expression of thanks we can offer the Lord, Who delivers us from sorrow and sin.” – Thaddeus of Vitovnica
- “In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- “A spirit of thankfulness is one of the most distinctive marks of a Christian whose heart is attuned to the Lord. Thank God in the midst of trials and every persecution.” –Billy Graham
Diana Rasmussen is a Faith Builder, Worship Leader, Veteran's wife, and Customer Service Rep. At her blog Prayers and Promises she shares from her heart on how to find hope in this crazy world!