10 Autumn Quotes to Celebrate Fall
- “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” ― Jim Bishop
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
- “Autumn…the year’s last, loveliest smile.” [Indian Summer]” ― William Cullen Bryant
- “Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn.” ― Elizabeth Lawrence
- “I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it.” ― Lee Maynard
- “Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love – that makes life and nature harmonise. The birds are consulting about their migrations, the trees are putting on the hectic or the pallid hues of decay, and begin to strew the ground, that one’s very footsteps may not disturb the repose of earth and air, while they give us a scent that is a perfect anodyne to the restless spirit. Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” [Letter to Miss Lewis, Oct. 1, 1841]” ― George Eliot
- “I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” ― Henry David Thoreau
- “He found himself wondering at times, especially in the autumn, about the wild lands, and strange visions of mountains that he had never seen came into his dreams.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
- “Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” ― Lauren DeStefano, Wither
- “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.” ― John Donne
A Time for Everything
There is a season (a time appointed) for everything and a time for every delight and event or purpose under heaven—
A time to be born and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance.
A time to throw away stones and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing.
A time to search and a time to give up as lost;
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to [a]tear apart and a time to sew together;
A time to keep silent and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war and a time for peace.
-Ecc. 3:1-8 AMP