7 Inspiring Quotes for the 4th of July
- “One flag, one land, one heart, one hand, one nation forevermore!” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. ” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Liberty is the breath of life to nations. ” – George Bernard Shaw
- “The Declaration of Independence! The interest which in that paper has survived the occasion upon which it was issued; the interest which is of every age and every clime; the interest which quickens with the lapse of years, spreads as it grows old, and brightens as it recedes, is in the principles which it proclaims. ” – John Quincy Adams (1767–1848), “The Declaration of Independence”
- “The American, by nature, is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor, and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly.” – John F. Kennedy
- “May we think of freedom not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right.” – Peter Marshall
- “This, then, is the state of the union: free and restless, growing and full of hope. So it was in the beginning. So it shall always be, while God is willing, and we are strong enough to keep the faith. ” – Lyndon B. Johnson
56 Men signed the Declaration of Independence.
Do you know what it cost them? These 56 sacrificed much to declare our independence – freedom is never free:
- 5 were tortured
- 12 had their homes set on fire
- 9 died fighting the Revolutionary War
- Some had their families killed
Diana Rasmussen is a Faith Builder, Worship Leader, Veteran's wife, and Customer Service Rep. At her blog Prayers and Promises she shares from her heart on how to find hope in this crazy world!