I have been to 4 graduations this month. And out of those 4 there have been 3 of them that the teachers use Dr. Seuss quotes. Can I ask why? The kids that are graduating are either from High School or College. Do you know the last time they read Dr. Seuss? Probably when they were like 3. Very strange. Maybe I’m just weird.
10 Graduation Quotes that are not Dr. Seuss
- “Be bold, be courageous, be your best.” – Former Rep. Gabrielle Gifford
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
- “In the game of life, when the final buzzer sounds, the only stat you carry with you is the number of assists you made. So help other people put some points on the board.” – -Mayor Mike Bloomberg
- “What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.””- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Don’t buy society’s definition of success. Because it’s not working for anyone. It’s not working for women, it’s not working for men, it’s not working for polar bears, it’s not working for the cicadas that are apparently about to emerge and swarm us. It’s only truly working for those who make pharmaceuticals for stress, diabetes, heart disease, sleeplessness, and high blood pressure.” – Arianna Huffington
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” -Henry David Thoreau
- “To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you too may one day be president of the United States.” – George W. Bush
- “There is no script. Live your life. Soak it all in.” – Dick Costolo
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Diana Rasmussen is a Faith Builder, Worship Leader, Veteran's wife, and Customer Service Rep. At her blog Prayers and Promises she shares from her heart on how to find hope in this crazy world!