Learning to rest. It is not always easy in this digital world. There are so many pretty things to look at. Plus you can see who is doing what any time you want. It’s insane. I miss the simpler times. The days without cell phones – when you had to leave a message on the answering machine and we could call them back when we wanted to. Our kids will never know life without cell phones. I mean really – I did not have internet when I grew up. No computer at home. Really. My kids think I’m a dinosaur.
There are times I have to unplug. Just rest and be. Go for a walk, dig in the dirt, just breathe. This life is so fast. The older I get, the faster time flies.
Can you relate?
God’s Word for You:
- “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” – Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV
- “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.” – Psalm 91:1-2 NIV
- “The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught. Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place.” – Mark 6:30-32 NIV
- “Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.” – Exodus 34:21 NIV
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.- Philippians 4:6-7 NIV
My Prayer for You:
Help us to let go of this world and rest in you. Bring to our minds the peace of spending time just resting in You. Let us choose to trust you with all our trials and tribulations knowing that this life is only temporary. You are the Author and Finisher of our faith. Forgive our disbelief. Our beginning and our ending is in You and what you have already done. Increase our faith, in Jesus Name.
Diana Rasmussen is a Faith Builder, Worship Leader, Veteran's wife, and Customer Service Rep. At her blog Prayers and Promises she shares from her heart on how to find hope in this crazy world!