As we sit here watching Lord of the Rings, I can’t help but think those were hard days to live in. There was always an enemy knocking at your door. There was always a battle to fight. People had to fight for their protection for their families, for their land,and fight to keep what they had.
- a shaft sharpened at the front and with feathers or vanes at the back, shot from a bow as a weapon or for sport.
- synonyms: shaft, bolt, dart
- a mark or sign resembling an arrow, used to show direction or position; a pointer.
- synonyms: pointer, indicator, marker, needles
- They fly above the earth and its circumstances
- They destroy the enemy
- They must be pulled backwards under great tension
- They are supported by the Bow
- When the Master lets go they fly
God calls us His Arrows. He hold us in the palm of His hand. He points us in the right direction. He hides us in His quiver until the time is right for battle. At just the right time He chooses us out of His quiver. Tensions increase as He loads us in His bow. Just when we think we can’t take it anymore He releases us and let’s us fly forward. He uses us to point others in the direction of His Kingdom. With the Word in our mouths we defeat enemies of God. He created us to show us His Glory!
Listen to Me, O islands and coastlands, And pay attention, you peoples from far away.
The Lord has called Me from the womb; From the body of My mother He has named Me.
He has made My mouth like a sharp sword, In the shadow of His hand He has kept Me hidden;
And He has made Me a sharpened arrow, In His quiver He has hidden Me.
And the Lord said to Me, “You are My Servant, Israel, In Whom I will show My glory.” – Isaiah 49:1-3
Diana Rasmussen is a Faith Builder, Worship Leader, Veteran's wife, and Customer Service Rep. At her blog Prayers and Promises she shares from her heart on how to find hope in this crazy world!