Sometimes I wish I knew all the answers. Why my friend is in the hospital battling a brain disease, why my other friend just buried her brother, why my other friend battles with infirmity. I want to fix it all! And now would be good Lord.
As I look for answers I turn to Him who knows all – Jesus. Idk why stuff happens sometimes. It makes no logical sense to me. But here I am wondering:
If I had all the answers would I need God? No.
If I could fix everything with a magic wand would I trust God? No.
If I could do it in my own strength would I even ask God? No.
Trust. Today I am learning to trust God in the in-between places. He said he would heal – I might have to give Him a minute. He said He would protect me from my enemies – I might have to stop and watch and let Him. He said He would work all things together for my good – I might have to trust Him to do it.
- But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head. I cried to the Lord with my voice, And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the Lord sustained me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people Who have set themselves against me all around. – Psalm 3:3-6 NKJV
- The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. – Psalm 9:9-10 NKJV
- “Now, O Lord God, the word which You have spoken concerning Your servant and concerning his house, establish it forever and do as You have said. So let Your name be magnified forever, saying, ‘The Lord of hosts is the God over Israel.’ And let the house of Your servant David be established before You. For You, O Lord of hosts, God of Israel, have revealed this to Your servant, saying, ‘I will build you a house.’ Therefore Your servant has found it in his heart to pray this prayer to You. “And now, O Lord God, You are God, and Your words are true, and You have promised this goodness to Your servant. Now therefore, let it please You to bless the house of Your servant, that it may continue before You forever; for You, O Lord God, have spoken it, and with Your blessing let the house of Your servant be blessed forever.” – 2 Samuel 7:25-29 NKJV
- But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head. I cried to the Lord with my voice, And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah I lay down and slept;I awoke, for the Lord sustained me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people Who have set themselves against me all around. – Psalm 3:3-6 NKJV
- I called on the Lord in distress; The Lord answered me and set me in a broad place. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? The Lord is for me among those who help me; Therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me. It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in princes. – Psalm 118:5-9 NKJV
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him,And He shall direct your paths. – Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV
Thank you for being here right now. You know me. You know I want to fix everything for everybody right now. I’m sorry I am so impatient. Thank you for loving me anyway and giving me these opportunities to turn to You and trust You more, in Jesus Name
Diana Rasmussen is a Faith Builder, Worship Leader, Veteran's wife, and Customer Service Rep. At her blog Prayers and Promises she shares from her heart on how to find hope in this crazy world!