One thing I have learned in my walk with God is that you must be prepared for resistance when God brings you to a Promised Land. Remember Joshua? He finally led the Israelites into the land that God promised. It was not empty. It was full of enemies. There was a battle that had to take place for God’s chosen people to enter. It was not just a show up and let’s move in kind of deal.
Let me share a personal story to show you what this looks like. I recently finished up my part time job at school. I applied for a summer job at a local company. They offered me full time with full benefits. Of course I said yes! I have not had a full time job with benefits in over 16 years!
Here is what my battle looked like:
- 3 days before my start date – the water heater in our home went out.
- 2 days before my start date – the gas stove started leaking and we had to turn it off.
- 1 day before my start date – the brakes went out on my truck.
- The night before my start date – I was up for most of the night killing demons in my sleep.
- My first day – the water heater still didn’t work and I took a cold bath.
- My first day at lunch – one of my kids got in a fender bender. All is well but the car was ruled a total loss by the insurance company.
Expect a battle when God brings you to the promised land. Keep you peace. Greater is He who is in you than He who is in the world. Keep your peace. Stand on the Word. Stand on the promises of God. Watch God deliver you and your family. Keep your peace.
- My husband and our Pastor fixed the brakes for $42.00!
- My husband fixed the water heater with a new part. we now have hot water!
- My husband bought the new hose for the gas stove, this too will be fixed!
- And the car – we elected to keep the car and my daughter’s boyfriend has all the parts but one to repair it! Praise God!
Thank you Jesus! The Lord will deliver you, He promised!
God’s Word for You:
God’s Commission to Joshua
After the death of Moses the servant of the Lord, it came to pass that the Lord spoke to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ assistant, saying: “Moses My servant is dead. Now therefore, arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, to the land which I am giving to them—the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the River Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your territory. No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.
Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:1-9 NKJV
My Prayer for You:
Please be with your people as they travel from the land of slavery and bondange into the promised land You promised them. Be with them as they stand before the Enemy and watch as You deliver them. Give us supernatural strength and resolve as we enter new territories. Let us lean on You and You alone as we conquer the land and possess the territory You have promised us, in Jesus Name.