Those were the words I heard the Holy Spirit speak to me. “Stop chasing things.” This world is so full of things- and sometimes they even sparkle!
- If you have this – you’ll be happy.
- If you do this – you’ll feel better
- If you buy more – you’ll be great
- If you get the right guy – life will be awesome.
- If you make more money – if you have better clothes – if you buy a better car – if you blah, blah, blah…
You know the story. Has you “American Dream” turned into a nightmare? And I have to admit I fell for it. Too busy chasing things. Too busy period.
Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Lord, forgive me. Help me to be thankful for the simple things. Help me remember that I do not need to chase anyone or anything. And I have all that I need with You, in Jesus Name.
Diana Rasmussen is a Faith Builder, Worship Leader, Veteran's wife, and Customer Service Rep. At her blog Prayers and Promises she shares from her heart on how to find hope in this crazy world!