I saw today’s Daily Prompt and had to participate. I am there.
You get to redesign school as we know it from the ground up. Will you do away with reading, writing, and arithmetic? What skills and knowledge will your school focus on imparting to young minds?
I would change things. Having worked in the Education and the Business Fields I have experience in both areas. Yes, there are systems that have been established for Education that have been used for years. And Teachers that have taught the same course – for years.
In my opinion, much of what our kids learn is not applicable once they enter the workforce. Yes, they can figure out square roots and learn about cell division and know what a preposition is. But how does that help them in the real world trying to get and keep a job in today’s market?
What are the Top jobs available to them once they graduate? Those are the skills they should learn. And why is there so much knowledge without wisdom?
- God’s Word – it is Truth and Life and an Anchor in this thing called life. We all need some promises to hold onto.
- Consequences. Not everybody gets a trophy.
- Healthy Boundaries in any relationship. Not every boy that says he loves you is telling the truth. And lots of kids lie.
- Learn how to balance a checkbook. Unless you learn to manage what God gives you, it will manage you.
- Learn how to handle change. Things will not go as you planned – guaranteed.
- Life isn’t fair. Deal with it.
- Don’t believe everything you hear. Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet. Just because somebody said it – it doesn’t mean that it is true.
- Right is right and wrong is wrong. Just because you can -doesn’t mean you should.
- How to handle conflict. Pursue peace and avoid gossipers and slanderers. There will always be people who throw you under the bus. Shake it off.
- Keep your peace despite the drama. There are lots of people throwing darts around. And tons who like to stir the pot.
- Take a breath and trust God. He will lead the way. He will show you the path to walk in. He will hear and answer your prayers – He promised.
Where there is no vision [no revelation of God and His word], the people are unrestrained; But happy and blessed is he who keeps the law [of God]. – Proverbs 29:18 AMP
(Image credits – Pinterest)
Diana Rasmussen is a Faith Builder, Worship Leader, Veteran's wife, and Customer Service Rep. At her blog Prayers and Promises she shares from her heart on how to find hope in this crazy world!