Holidays may bring upon an old “friend”. Here is a poem I wrote about it, and a song my friend Nashville Joe wrote. He lives in Florida!
©2013 Diana Rasmussen
wrapped with bows
hanging on the
chimney with care
red and green
feelings on and off
candy cane dreams
garland and bows
frozen in time
Click on Nashville Joe to hear his great Christmas Song CHRISTMAS BLUES!
More about Nashville Joe:
JOE HENDRICKSON–AKA–NASHVILLEJOE–POET/SONGWRITER/sometimes a PERFORMER/STORYTELLER ETC…-I spent so much time in Nashville ,Tennessee that everyone started calling me Nashvillejoe here where I live in Florida–even my mother calls me Nashvillejoe so I use it as my pen name–my two best friends–JIM and JON HAGER,starred on the hit TV show HEE HAW for 19 years-they both have passed on to that big HEE HAW show in the sky–I sure miss them old boys.THANK YOU for taking an interest in my 16.songs and 1.poem–I AM 23 YEARS SOBER NOW! & APPRECIATE BEING ALIVE–EASY DOES IT–CHEERS!–JOE.
- Six Ways to Make Sure Your Holidays Don’t Suck (v103.cbslocal.com)
- How to cope with holiday depression (wtvm.com)
- A Little Blue (tabithaashley.wordpress.com)
- The Bipolar Express (blackboxwarnings.wordpress.com)
- Seniors vulnerable to seasonal blues (utsandiego.com)
- “The Holiday Blues” (fox2now.com)