Wow, what a great post. I think that this is the hardest part for people who have not lived in abuse. They don’t understand. Trauma bonding. Stockholm Syndrome.
the psychological tendency of a hostage to bond with, identify with, or sympathize with his or her captor
Call it what you want, but it is not love. It was survival. No wonder we have such a hard time understanding what love is, and what love isn’t.
- Stockholm Syndrome. Do you suffer from this? (endofabuse.wordpress.com)
- Stockholm Syndrome (chatteringsofarestlessmind.wordpress.com)
- Trauma Bonding-When it isn’t Love (ladywithatruck.com)
- STOCKHOLM SYNDROM – and its psychological parallels to Black American Women (neecysnest.wordpress.com)
- London ‘slave’ women: how ‘invisible handcuffs’ work (theweek.co.uk)