“I believe in the sun, even when it isn’t shining. I believe in love, even when I am alone. I believe in God, even when He is silent.”
My father-in-law sent me this today – thanks Dad!
A nurse on the pediatric ward, before listening to the little ones’ chests, would plug the stethoscope into their ears and let them listen to their own heart. Their eyes would always light up with awe, but she never got a response equal to four-year old David’s comment. Gently she tucked the stethoscope into his ears and placed the disk over his heart. ‘Listen’, she said…’What do you suppose that is?’ He drew his eyebrows together in a puzzled line and looked up as if lost in the mystery of the strange tap – tap – tapping deep in his chest. Then his face broke out in a wondrous grin and he asked,
‘Is that Jesus knocking?’
- Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,I will come in… (richardangulo.wordpress.com)
- When Jesus Knocks (spiritualwritersnetwork.com)
- An Amazing Story Prayer & Grace (livingwithmenieresdisease.com)
- Sonel’s Black and White Challenge: Doors (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Doors and Prayers (joshblakesley.wordpress.com)
- I am the one who knocks (dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com)
Diana Rasmussen is a Faith Builder, Worship Leader, Veteran's wife, and Customer Service Rep. At her blog Prayers and Promises she shares from her heart on how to find hope in this crazy world!