This morning I woke up with the word “rejected” in my head. I know that this is an area where God wants to heal me. If you are anything like me, there have been many rejections in your past. So, I started my journey today – my quest for healing from rejection. Here is one of the first things I found, and this struck me in my spirit right away:
From Joyce Meyer:
The Lord gave this Word to me as I was preparing for one of my conferences, and I believe He wants me to share it with you. He said:
“So many are in prison because they won’t accept themselves. So many are so gifted and talented, but they won’t express themselves because they fear rejection. They fear man. They fear what people will think. I want to love My people, but they hold Me at arms length and won’t let Me really love them because they have been hurt by others. They fear I will reject them because of their weaknesses—like people have—but I will never reject them. Tell them I love them. Ask them to stop trying so hard to be acceptable to Me and to realize I accept them where they are. Tell them I don’t want perfect performance from them. I want them to love Me and to let Me love them.”
Yep, that’s me. Funny how you find pieces of yourself that you didn’t know were there. How and why do we despise ourselves? And how do we get beyond this? hmmmmm….
Have you not noticed that these people [the Jews] are saying, The Lord has cast off the two families [Israel and Judah] which He chose? Thus My people have despised [themselves in relation to God as His covenant people], so that they are no more a nation in their [own] sight. (Jeremiah 33:24 AMP)
Then I went to In Touch Ministries. Here is what they said about Victory Over Rejection
People can live in bondage and not even know it. Some prisons don’t require physical bars or chains; they are made by the emotional burden of rejection that affects every area of our lives. It causes us to believe lies about ourselves and undermines our relationships with the Lord.
Characteristics of a Person Suffering From Rejection:
- Critical spirit toward themselves and others
- Experience difficulty in loving others
- Have feelings of inferiority
- Be preoccupied with their appearance
- Prone to Perfectionism
- Live in a State of Floating Anger/Bitterness
- Display an attitude of Superiority
- Being Overly Sensitive
- Be suspicious
- Become aloof
- Fall into Depression
- Be cheated out of life have a materialistic focus.
- Miss God’s plan for their lives
- Adopt sinful practices for relief
Reasons for Feeling Rejected:
the underlying cause of this painful emotion is a person’s negative opinion of himself, which is brought about by hurtful experiences such as:
- Physical “flaws.” A person who isn’t happy with his looks can feel undesirable or unlovable.
- Past emotional hurts. When a person is hurt, the damaging effects always linger.
- The death of a loved one. Some people see loss as rejection because they feel alone. in their eyes, God has turned His back on them.
- Divorce. this is a very painful experience because both spouses and children are left feeling discarded.
- Childhood experiences. criticism and rejection stick in a child’s memory and shape his view of himself. He will spend a lifetime trying to validate his worth.
My Prayer for You:
Thank you for showing us this today. I pray that Holy Spirit would be our guide as we travel down this road together. Forgive us Lord for placing more value in what others say about us than what You have said about us. Forgive us for rejecting ourselves and others. Bring us healing and health in this area. We are crying to you for wisdom and knowledge and healing, in Jesus Name.
- Ashes of Abuse (gracious25gblog.wordpress.com)
- Healing of Soul Wounds (gloryusday.wordpress.com)
- How to Get Healed from Rejection?……(1) (innerchildtransformation.com)
- How to Get Healed from Rejection——(2) (innerchildtransformation.com)
- Rejection (planxyandz.wordpress.com)