Perhaps the wound is old. A parent abused you. A teacher slighted you. And you are angry.Or perhaps the wound is fresh. The friend who owes you money just drove by in a new car. The boss who hired you with promises of promotions has forgotten how to pronounce your name. Your circle of friends escaped on a weekend getaway, and you …And you are hurt.
Part of you is broken, and the other part is bitter. Part of you wants to cry, and part of you wants to fight. The tears you cry are hot because they come from your heart, and there is a fire burning in your heart. It’s the fire of anger. It’s blazing. It’s consuming. Its flames leap up under a steaming pot of revenge.
And you are left with a decision. “Do I put the fire out or heat it up? Do I get over it or get even? Do I release it or resent it? Do I let my hurts heal, or do I let hurt turn into hate?” . . .
Resentment is the deliberate decision to nurse the offense until it becomes a black, furry, growling grudge.
Unfaithfulness is wrong. Revenge is bad. But the worst part of all is that, without forgiveness, bitterness is all that is left. [Max Lucado LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN p. 71]
“In the final analysis, forgiveness is an act of faith. By forgiving another, I am trusting that God is a better justice-maker than I am. By forgiving, I release my own right to get even and leave all issues of fairness for God to work out. I leave in God’s hands the scales that must balance justice and mercy.” [Yancey p.83]
- From Fear to Forgiveness/Dealing With Anger! (simplyjuliana.com)
- Forgiveness – Part 3 (pastorlamb.com)
- Abusers! Previously Called Victims…as the cycle continues! (Matt. 6:14-15) (secretangelps911.wordpress.com)
- Hurt People Hurt People, by The Hurt Healer (takeitfrommeg.com)
- How Do I Forgive?? – Part 2 (laurasconfessions.com)
- Forgiving My Father (drbstratton.wordpress.com)
- Angry at God? (drbstratton.wordpress.com)
- 550,721 hits
- Follow Prayers and Promises on WordPress.com
- Quotes for Christmas
- 7 quotes on Moving Forward
- Why Jezebels and Narcissits Spoil Every Holiday and How to Keep Your Peace
- Breaking the Spirit of Poverty
- Radical Faith in High Heels
- Thankful Quotes for Thanksgiving
- Doors of Opportunity are Opening for You
- Veterans Day Quotes to Honor Our Soldiers
- 6 Ways to Overcome Anxiety in the Chaos of Mass Shootings
- 10 Quotes About Grief
- Activism Anxiety behavior Boundaries Daily Post Deliverance Depression Domestic Violence and Abuse faith God Healing Hope Hurt in Church Jezebel Kingdom Authority Music Narcissism Photo Challenge Poetry Prayer Psalms Quotes Rejection Religion and Spirituality Spirituality The Blood of Jesus Uncategorized Videos Women Word from the Lord
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Buy Diana’s Book
dianarasmussen on Quotes for Christmas insanitybytes22 on Quotes for Christmas dianarasmussen on The Blood of Jesus in Spiritua… Lucila Gonzalez on The Blood of Jesus in Spiritua… dianarasmussen on Quotes for Fallen Soldier…
Diana Rasmussen is a Faith Builder, Worship Leader, Veteran's wife, and Customer Service Rep