Perhaps the wound is old. A parent abused you. A teacher slighted you. And you are angry.Or perhaps the wound is fresh. The friend who owes you money just drove by in a new car. The boss who hired you with promises of promotions has forgotten how to pronounce your name. Your circle of friends escaped on a weekend getaway, and you …And you are hurt.
Part of you is broken, and the other part is bitter. Part of you wants to cry, and part of you wants to fight. The tears you cry are hot because they come from your heart, and there is a fire burning in your heart. It’s the fire of anger. It’s blazing. It’s consuming. Its flames leap up under a steaming pot of revenge.
And you are left with a decision. “Do I put the fire out or heat it up? Do I get over it or get even? Do I release it or resent it? Do I let my hurts heal, or do I let hurt turn into hate?” . . .
Resentment is the deliberate decision to nurse the offense until it becomes a black, furry, growling grudge.
Unfaithfulness is wrong. Revenge is bad. But the worst part of all is that, without forgiveness, bitterness is all that is left. [Max Lucado LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN p. 71]
“In the final analysis, forgiveness is an act of faith. By forgiving another, I am trusting that God is a better justice-maker than I am. By forgiving, I release my own right to get even and leave all issues of fairness for God to work out. I leave in God’s hands the scales that must balance justice and mercy.” [Yancey p.83]
- From Fear to Forgiveness/Dealing With Anger! (simplyjuliana.com)
- Forgiveness – Part 3 (pastorlamb.com)
- Abusers! Previously Called Victims…as the cycle continues! (Matt. 6:14-15) (secretangelps911.wordpress.com)
- Hurt People Hurt People, by The Hurt Healer (takeitfrommeg.com)
- How Do I Forgive?? – Part 2 (laurasconfessions.com)
- Forgiving My Father (drbstratton.wordpress.com)
- Angry at God? (drbstratton.wordpress.com)
- 516,132 hits
- Follow Prayers and Promises on WordPress.com
- Famous Quotes by C.S. Lewis in Pictures
- God Will Restore All that has been Lost in the Hurricanes and Fires and Earthquakes
- Bring Peace to the Storm
- 16 Inspirational Quotes for Labor Day
- The Water is Rising
- 12 Quotes on People Helping People in Disasters like Hurricane Harvey
- Your Story Matters – Blog it!
- Solar Eclipse of 2017 Quotes and Prophecy
- 10 Encouraging Quotes on Hope
- 10 Quotes on Living in an Empty Nest
- Activism Anxiety behavior Boundaries Daily Post Deliverance Depression Domestic Violence and Abuse faith God Healing Hope Hurt in Church Jezebel Kingdom Authority Music Narcissism Photo Challenge Poetry Prayer Psalms Quotes Rejection Religion and Spirituality Spirituality The Blood of Jesus Uncategorized Videos Women Word from the Lord
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Buy Diana’s Book
dianarasmussen on How to Recognize a Witch that… Angela on How to Recognize a Witch that… Michael Summers on Famous Quotes by C.S. Lewis in… dianarasmussen on Bring Peace to the Storm dianarasmussen on How to Recognize a Witch that…
Diana Rasmussen is a Faith Builder, Worship Leader, Veteran's wife, and Customer Service Rep