IN A NEW POST CREATED SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS CHALLENGE, SHARE A PICTURE THAT MEANS ESCAPE TO YOU.
My post is not all happy and cheerful today. The word “ESCAPE” has a different meaning if you have ever lived in an abusive home. These pictures were drawn by my young children at our last stay at the Women’s Shelter. They tell the whole story. It was what finally gave me the courage to leave – I saw what they saw…
Do You Hear the Children Crying?
© 2013 Diana Rasmussen
Do you hear the children crying
As they scream up and down the halls?
They know daddy hits their mommy
and they watch her as she falls
They run to her side daily
till Daddy comes in the room
Then it’s time to run and hide
the next one’s coming soon
They say, “God please help my mommy
she needs you Lord today
cuz Daddy’s mad and I’m so sad
he says ‘she’s gonna pay’
Why God don’t you kill him?
just stop him in his tracks?
Protect us Lord, we need you now
before he starts to smack”
Finally Mommy dials 9-1-1
she made it to the phone
They take Daddy off to jail
and tell us now to run.
If you need help, please call the Hotline. Save the children…
- Domestic Violence: Why Women Stay. (thedoubleparent.wordpress.com)
- A Cry In The Dark (circlesofprotection.wordpress.com)
- Domestic Violence Affects Children. Period. (thesouthernsister.com)
- Maya Angelou Beaten And Held Captive, Survives Domestic Violence (medicaldaily.com)
- Alcohol leading factor in domestic violence: prosecutor’s office (worldbulletin.net)