Shine Your Light

from www.russjones.us

Shine Your Light

© 2013 Diana Rasmussen

Send the fire of Your Spirit
to the alter of my heart.
Come into the hidden places
Shine your Light upon my heart.

Come behind the hidden door
rooms of Pain and Suffering.
Places I’ve stuffed my feelings,
or tried to numb them anyway.

Wash the windows of my soul
with Your ever – cleansing blood.
Sweep away mountains of shame,
chase out dustballs of regret.

Lord, You turn my sorrow into joy.
Pour out Your Love and Grace.
Fill up all the empty places,
Shine your Light upon my heart.

image

from tumblr.com

from tumblr.com

If you [really] love Me, you will keep (obey) My commands.

And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever—

The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you. (JOHN 14:15-17 AMP)

Advertisements

About dianarasmussen

Diana Rasmussen is a Faith Builder, Worship Leader, Veteran's wife, and Customer Service Rep
This entry was posted in Poetry, Spirituality, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Shine Your Light

1. optimisticgladness says:

Beautiful.

2. Debbie says:

Amening and praying this one! God bless you and thank you!

3. Heidi Viars says:

Sounds like REVIVAL to me!

4. cshowers says:

Amen – one of my frequent and fervent prayers to the Lord is that He will consume me in His all-consuming fire. This is a beautiful poem/prayer that echoes the cries of my heart. Much love to you Diana, as you too, cry out for His all-consuming fire!

Love,
    Cheryl

5. theywhoseek says:

~ Turn my sorrow into joy ~ the plea from so many said so nicely with this poem. ~ Blessings

6. Raphael's Legacy says:

Lovely post, wonderful and evocative images, very big thank you for sharing, sincere regards, Barry

Your thoughts are treasures...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s